Applications for the University of Sheffield 2017 Masters Scholarships has commenced. The scholarship which is offered in collaboration with Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development will be offered to four (4) students from developing countries applying to pursue Master’s programme in the following;
• MA Cities and Global Development
• MA International Development
• MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
• MPH in International Development
• MSc in International Social Change and Policy
• MA Global and Political Economy
• MA International Politics
Four (4) scholarships will be awarded to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each of the scholarship covers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
Who Can Apply?
To be qualified for this scholarship, applicants must;
- Have received an offer for one of the courses mentioned above to study at the University of Sheffield in 2017 by Monday 1 May 2017.
- Be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- Be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- Not hold any other scholarship offered by University of Sheffield or external sources
- Be a full time student
- Begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2017. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- This scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2017.
- You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the developing countries. CLICK HERE to see the list of eligible countries.
How To Apply:
There is no separate application for this scholarship. Applicants will automatically be considered for this scholarship if they have applied and received an offer to study at the University of Sheffield as well as resident in any of the specified developing countries.
You are tom use the postgraduate online application system to submit your application for an eligible course.
Your course application will be assessed by a panel of academic judges to decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process. Successful applicants will be contacted by Friday 12 May 2017 to submit a short personal statement to support their application.. If by you do not receive an email by Friday 26 May 2017 to submit a short personal statement, it means you have not been awarded the scholarship.
For more information on this scholarship, visit the official scholarship webpage.