UPDATE: The interview date, venue and schedule has been changed. Scroll down to see the new dates, venue and schedule.
Federal government Bilateral Education Agreement scholarship award application is now open. The Federal Ministry of Education invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2018/2019 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement, BEA Scholarship Award for:
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Awards are scholarship awards made to eligible Nigerian youths after due process by development partners who have entered into Bilateral Educational agreement with Nigeria. These offers could be at the Undergraduate or Post Graduate or both levels as the case may be. The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Fields of Study:
a. Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
A. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2016 & 2017). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
How To Apply for Federal Government Scholarship:
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education portal via; http://education.gov.ng/bea-scholarship-18/index.php
- Supply a valid email address and password on the “CREATE ACCOUNT” form to register. If you have registered, you can access the application form using the same email and password through the “Log In” form.
- Please note that you are to fill out and save your information on each of the sections on the form one after the other thereafter submit your application on the last section of the form.
- You can go back to any of the sections to edit your information and save again as much as may be necessary before the application deadline.
- Be informed that all asteric ( * ) fields are compulsory.
- You can navigate through the form using the “section links” on the left side of the form or via the “Previous” and “Next” links on both the top and bottom of the form.
NOTE/ Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!
NB: (i) Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
(ii) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ before 15th February, 2018.
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the venue in addition to BEA application form.
Interview Date and Venue:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for Undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or exemption certificates only.
Change of Venues and Date of Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship 2018/2019
The following centres have been approved in the six geopolitical zones as follows:
- North West – Federal Polytechnic, Kebbi State changed to: JAMB CBT Centre – Legislators Quarters Maiduguri Road, Farawa, Kano
- North East – Government Girls Secondary School Damaturu changed to: JAMB Office – Former Teachers’ College Quarters Jalingo, Taraba State
- North Central – Federal Government Boys College Apo, FCT changed to: JAMB office, – Plot 2 (Three Arm Zone) along Eastern Bye-Pass, Maiumbi Road, Minna, Niger State
- South West – FSTC, Yaba Lagos changed to: JAMB Zonal office – Quarter 845, Agodi GRA, opposite Ikolaba Grammar School, Ibadan, Oyo State
- South -South – BDGS Bayelsa, Yenagoa changed to: JAMB office – Okpanam Road by NTA junction Asaba, Delta State
- South – East – FGGC Owerri, Imo State changed to: JAMB office – Ubakala, Ubakala junction, Enugu Express Way Umuahia, Abia State
Kindly Note that these centres replace those earlier advertised on the Ministry’s website: www.education.gov.ng
To afford candidates adequate time for adjustment, the dates for the interviews have been shifted from February 19th – 23rd to February 23rd and 24th 2018.
BEA Interview Schedule
Day 1 (Friday 23rd February, 2018)
- South-East: Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi
- South-South: Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Bayelsa
- North-Central: Kogi, Kwara, Benue, FCT
- South-West: Ondo, Osun, Lagos
- North-East: Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa
- North-West: Kaduna, Katsina, Sokoto
Day 2 (Saturday 24th February 2018)
- South-East: Imo, Abia
- South-South: Rivers, Edo, Delta
- North-Central: Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau
- South-West: Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti
- North-East: Gombe, Yobe, Taraba
- North-West: Kano, Jigawa, Kebbi, Zamfara
TIME: 9.00 A.M DAILY
- Candidates for interview on the 1st Day (Friday 23rd February, 2018) should appear for screening and documentation on Thursday 22nd of February 2018, while candidates for interview on the 2nd Day (Saturday 24th February, 2018) should appear own screening on Friday, 23rd February, 2018.
- Candidates are to present themselves for screening and documentation from 9.00am on Thursday February 22nd and Friday February 23rd at each venue and only cleared candidates will be admitted for the interviews.
NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates
ii) Data page of current International passport
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government Hospitals and
iv) Police clearance certificate where necessary.