The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry. The Fund hereby invites applications from qualified candidates to apply for the 2021/22 Undergraduate scholarships for students in Nigerian Federal Universities.
APPLICANTS ARE TO PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply).
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same or lower category of degree.
- Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply.
- Application is restricted to Federal Universities and for specific courses only.
- Possession of a valid admission letter into the University is mandatory for all applicants.
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed their first year and are currently in their second year of studies.
- Only undergraduate applicants undertaking studies in oil and gas-related fields will be considered and the final selection shall be based on grades on their transcripts (transcripts must be signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff)
Note: Admission for part-time studies shall not be considered for all categories of applications. The scholarship is highly competitive, and merit-driven. Selection of candidates shall be based on equitable representation of the 36 States of the Federation and FCT.
Undergraduate applicants who meet the above requirements will be required to upload the following documents:
Method of application