Friday , December 3 2021
Home / Admission / 11 Ways To Gain Admission Without JAMB

11 Ways To Gain Admission Without JAMB

Have you heard of ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB? JAMB is NOT the only gateway to a higher institution in Nigeria. Every year candidates who failed to be admitted through JAMB usually give up any hope of securing admission for that particular academic year hoping to wait till next year to write another JAMB exam.

Now, if you happen to be in this situation right now, it does not mean that all hope of securing admission this year is gone. You can still secure admission without JAMB. Yes! You got me right. I will outline and explain these other ways of gaining admission so you can make the choice that is best for you.

How To Gain Admission Without JAMB

National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN): Yoy may have heard about the Open University of Nigeria. You do not require JAMB to gain admission into the Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). One advantage of the Open University is that there is nothing like a school going on strike. The major disadvantage is that their graduates are not allowed to participate in NYSC. Though the management of the university is working to resolve this issue with the government. So hopefully soon, they will be allowed to participate in NYSC. So if you will like to enrol in NOUN, visits their official website: to know the courses available and locate the closest study centre nationwide.

IJMB/JUPEB/Diploma/A-Level Programmes: IJMB stands for Interim Joint Matriculation Board. IJMB is an Advanced-Level (A-Level) Course, which you take for 9 months, after which you take a final exam that gives you a certificate. This certificate can then be used to apply for Direct entry admission into 200 Level in any university of your choice. JUPEB stands for Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB).

Just like IJMB is it equally an advanced level programme. Successful candidates can use their certificate to apply for direct entry admission into 200 level in any university of their choice. Diploma programmes Some universities still offer Diploma programmes. This programme usually lasts for 2 years after which you will obtain a certificate which you can use to apply for admission into 200 level in that university or any other university.
Other acceptable A-level certificates like A-level GCE certificate can be used equally to secure direct entry admission into 200 level in any university. All these programmes are offered by many universities as well as some educational agencies.

Pre-degree/Remedial Programmes: Pre-degree/Remedial/Foundation Programmes are offered by many universities and is designed to support candidates who do not meet certain requirements for admission. After completing the programme which usually lasts for 7-12 months, the successful candidates are admitted into relevant undergraduate degree courses in the school they did the programme. We usually update information on Pre-degree/Remedial/Foundation Programmes admissions and sales of forms.  So you can always visit the Pre-degree Admission Page for such information or updates.

Part-time/Weekend/Evening Programmes: Almost all universities offer part-time degree programmes. The part-time degree programmes are just the same with full time degree programmes (That is admission through JAMB) in terms of the certificate. The differences are that, not all courses are offered in a part-time programme, part-time programmes take an extra year and finally, part-time graduates do not go for the National Youth Service Corps.

Similarly, almost all polytechnics run evening and weekend programmes. There’s one they equally call Daily Part-time programme (DPT) in some polytechnics. If you enrol in any of these programmes, you will obtain your National Diploma certificate after 2-3 years just like those that gained admission through JAMB. You can use the National Diploma certificate obtained to apply for direct entry admission into 200 level in any university of your choice if you do not want to continue with your HND in the polytechnic.
This is really cool if you are working and schooling at the same time as it will give you time for both. We equally provide information on Part-time/evening and weekend programmes as well. So you can always visit the Part-time Admission Updates  for such information or updates.

Study Abroad: Schools outside Nigeria do not require you to have JAMB result before you can be admitted. I know many students that JAMB ha frustrated countless and they have no option than to move to Ghana for their higher education. The thing however is that it is quite expensive studying abroad. So this option is for those who can afford it unless you are able to get a scholarship.

What Are The Requirements To Gain Admission Without JAMB Into These Programmes

All you need to run any of these programmes is just your O’level result (WAEC, NECO etc or even a combination of the results). You not need to take JAMB or have a JAMB result to enroll in any of the programmes. Enrolling in any of these programmes is better than waiting for another year. Unless age is still on your side. If not, take advantage of any of these programmes as you deem convenient or suitable. Do you have anything else to add to this article or have any questions, leave your comment below.
Share This Post:

Check Also

Federal University of Agriculture, Markurdi, FUAM NEWS

FUAM Merit Admission Cut-off Marks – 2021/2022

The Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi formerly Federal University of Agriculture, Markurdi (FUAM) Departmental cutoff …


  1. Pls can someone who knows a lot about school stuffs hit me pls am trying to get into school and I don’t even have an idea of what to study or what school To go to for partime like am lost thanks. 08027373336

  2. Like for someone dat has ND certificate is it advisable for d person to also go for d pre degree program

  3. Fatima mu'azu sani

    Plz, is sbrs funtua ijmb program form out??

  4. I scored 118 Can I gain admission to any university?

  5. Hello
    Do I have chances of gaining admission after an online eligibility checker disqualified my subject combination (though I did enough research before combining them) but I took the JAMB and I got a nice score?

  6. Ismail muwaffaq

    please, can I have ijmb website?

  7. Wow it very nice only if it geneue

  8. Udoka Moses Essien

    For some of us who couldn’t make our JAMb, all hope is not gone, we still have more opportunities as well can go through Part-time or rewrite our JAMB next year again. All we got to do if we’re to rewrite our JAMb next year, is to prepare ahead & also to read & study past question papers. I want to use this medium to thank my humble self because I scored 265 in this year JAMB. to all those who are still expecting good results, i say to you, “keep fighting the good fight” because all hope is not gone

  9. Segun Emmanuel

    But I wrote my own jamb this year
    I did not see my result
    What is happening

  10. Can I apply to doctor of pharmacy in Unical with Jupeb 2021/2022

  11. I can convert my 2021 UTME to DE Dirty enter?

  12. Can i change to course of my choice after the part time program???

  13. Can I get admission with 117at ebonyi state University

  14. I got 137 in my jamb anyway for it?

  15. Please I registered for Ijmb last year and I couldn’t mke it I got a lower points
    And I decided to take jamb form this year and when I got there dey told me am not present today fr the exam I should cme next tommorow, when I got there dey told me have already wrote my
    And now how can I get into school this year again ?


    What about NCE?

  17. Moradeke Ruqoyyah

    What about cails kwasu diploma

  18. pls Is jupbe form out , when is jupbe form start ??

  19. I got D7 in my maths in my weac results is there any chance of getting admission into the open University

  20. Thanks, God bless you publisher. It’s very helpful.

  21. Wow, please I do I can contact you as in your phone number or what’s app number

  22. Akinyemi ogooluwa

    Please how can I get your contact number
    Maybe your WhatsApp number or phone number

  23. I obtain my first degree in ESUT, do i need jamb to go for second degree in the same University?

  24. I’m so glad for this information
    I had 190 in my jupeb I can get admitted to study chemistry?

    • Onyekwere Ogechi golden

      Please dear add me up on WhatsApp I really have questions to ask you base on the jupeb program ???????

    • Hello bro!!! Pls message me on WhatsApp on 08053873121.. I really need to know more about this Jupeb..

  25. I score 157 in jamb please can I gain admission in to polytechnic with it

  26. I registered for jamb this year, when I get to my center I was unable to verify I was told to go home that jamb will send a mail to me within 24hour, when I didn’t receive any mail I went back to the center the 3rd day ,I was told that they mark me absent. What should I do

  27. Ngozi confidence Amarachi

    I scored 169 can I gain admission to Abia state University Absu uturu

  28. I scored 218 and I applied for dentistry in unical
    Can I do a change of course in the same institution

  29. Can I gain admission with152

  30. Can i gain admission into any university with 165 in jamb

  31. I score 177 any chance of gaining admission in Abu zaria
    To study mass communication

  32. I applied for federal university Lafia, but when I checked my jamb score the first time then I saw 177 but when I still checked again then I saw 162. So can I still get admission?

  33. I applied for federal University Lafia and when I checked my score the first time, then I saw 177 but when I still checked again then saw 162. So can I still get admission?

  34. I apply for Ibrahim Babangida university and I score 156 can I gain admission into the university

  35. I scored 157 in jamb and filled ignatius ajuru I want to study computer science can I gain admission

  36. I scored 184 in jamb and i filled delta state university and i want to study mass communication will i gain admission

  37. How can I gain admission before this year run out,am tired of waiting

    • Akinyemi ogooluwa

      Same here
      How can we get admission without no stress and how can we get your contacts of WhatsApp number for full explanation sir

  38. Hello the registrar of the joint admission and matriculation boad
    Permit me to almost talk about the deliveration problems of jamb in this various year 2020

  39. My school of choice admitted me edu.physics before jamb admitted me with my desired course anatomy there. How can I secure my jamb admission?

  40. John Oshiobugie Julius

    Paraventure I again National Diploma in polytechnic, can I use it to enroll into NOUN, and what level will I start from?

  41. I thought you guys said 11 ways to gain admission without jamb, and just seeing 5 or this another way to get get pipo to view your site. SMH

    • Some where grouped together as one. Like the Part-time, weekend and evening programme are different porogrammes in the various institutions that offer them. Same thing with JUPEB/IJMB/Diploma programmes


      I doubt myself brother. Am surprised

    • Don’t mind them eve thing in Nigeria is all about Money am creating site also where they will see 21 ways and Later the end will be 2+1=3

    • I have scored 164 in my Jamb Exam,can I join to the unimaid to study MBBS course?

  42. can a part time student switch to full time programme at the final year to participate in NYSC?

  43. Nice article you’ve got here. You really did an in-depth analysis of all known JAMB alternatives to admission. Keep it up.
    I hope to be like you soon.

  44. pls I.need to.register for the IJMP

  45. I want to register for jupeb and what is the cost of everything? I hope this not gonna be frustrating as jamb?

  46. can i enter any school without jab also i wrote NABTEB AND I GOT P8 IN MY MATHS

  47. i would like to register for Jupeb but i didnt make my maths i had f9, can i still register for it?

  48. Please I want to gain admission before this year runs out without jamb….how can achieve that,I’m tired of waiting

  49. moses favour david

    pls, I wasn’t able to see my result and I was thinking it might be the biometric problem,
    can i still engage myself in pre_degree program.

  50. Will you still need Post jamb after IJMB??

  51. Please
    Which 1 is preferable between IJMB nd REMIDAL
    as in which 1 is d surest?

    • ijmbe . org . ng

      IJMB is still the best alternative but you have to be serious if you want to pass. read and take classes

    • Please I scored 171 can I gain admission into federal polytechnic nekede

    • REMEDIAL is like pre-Degree program but you still need to pass your jamb before you gain admission then you can used to process admission to only that institution but IJMB or JUPEB you can used it to process admission to any institution that accept the result without sit for jamb only thing you to do is D.E form in jamb

  52. Am interested in IJMB. The direct entry does it require writing jamb again? I need the website or phone number to reach them or the location.

    • You do not need take JAMB. You can google IJMB programme to find centres that offer it

  53. Nice alternatives git here, atleast we will not have to cry all the time for low JAMB score.

  54. I made inquiries in some schools concerning predegree and they said without jamb you can’t be admitted.

    • Yeah, the thing is you do not need JAMB to begin the pre degree programme but you will have to sit for JAMB after you have been admitted into the pre degree programme in order to gain. admission into 100 Level. Schools will consider you for admission into 100 level even with a low JAMB score so far you did their Pre Degree Programme

  55. Thankz 4 d info. Pls do you have an idea if Atbu’s jupeb form 4 2018/2019 is out? If not on sale pls keep me posted wen out so as to purchase it

    • You don’t need to wait for next JAMB , obtain your IJMB/JUPEB form in any of our studying centres .Lagos, kwara ,Ife and Ibadan.And secure your admission into 200 level next year 2022

    • Please can we have the ijmb or jupeb website

    • Is depend on your location then most of Institution are run the program you can find out in your area if the Institution in your souround is run the program.

    • Please I need the jupeb website

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *