Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!
Wednesday , April 24 2019
Home / JAMB / JAMB Begins Change of Course, Institution & Data Correction For 2019

JAMB Begins Change of Course, Institution & Data Correction For 2019

JAMB Change of course and institution portal for 2019 UTME candidates is yet to be opened. Once it is opened, candidates can be able to change their courses and institution as well as data correction.

All candidates who wish to effect changes on either their course, institution or their bio-data details can proceed to do so at the closest JAMB CBT accredited centre.

You can also correct your Bio-data which include your name, date of birth, gender, State and Local Government of origin.

What You Should Know About JAMB 2018 Change of Course/Institution & Data Correction

  •  You are required to verify the usual cut-off mark for your school of choice to make sure they do not have a very high cut-off mark.
  • You can change all the courses and institutions at the same time if you want.
  • Once you make your changes and submit. You can not change again. So go through your selections and ensure it is what you want before submitting
  •  Ensure that the course you are changing to is in line with your UTME subject combination. If you select a course that is not in line with your subject combination, you will be disqualified from admission. Please use the Online JAMB Brochure to verify.
  • Also ensure you the course you are changing to is available in your institution of choice. You can equally use the JAMB Brochure to verify that.
  • There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
  • The change of course and institution will attract a fee of 2,500. (the accredited centre that will help you with the changes will likely charge an extra fee.)
  • Only Approved JAMB CBT Centres are allowed to make these changes.
  • Payment can be done via Remita before proceeding to the Centres.

Note: You MUST pay with your JAMB account created on JAMB Portal. Paying via another account will render your required service tied to the paying account.

Process Flow

Step 1- Log into your jamb profile

Step 2- open the menu tab on your jamb profile

Step 3- Click Register, under register a drop box will appear showing UTME correction of data

Step 4- Click it and follow the steps to pay either online or bank.

You can make your payment online via JAMB portal. If you are having difficulties doing that, you can pay to the bank.

After paying N2500 at the bank plus additional bank charge of N100 naira, proceed to either the closest JAMB office or a JAMB accredited centre to complete the process. An additional fee will be charged for the service.

For addresses of JAMB offices nationwide, CLICK HERE

Below Are The Number Of Times Candidates Can Effect Changes On Each Data

You can perform correction for the following data group (Kindly make Payment here and visit the nearest CBT Centre for correction.)

  • Names Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Passport Photograph Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Gender Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • UTME Subjects Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • State/LGA Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Profile Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  • Choice of Institution/Course Correction (Correction can only be done twice with separate payments)

If you have successfully done yours, use the comment section to let us know how it went.

Share This Post

Get Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Check Also

JAMB Exam Slip Printing

2019 UTME: JAMB Arrests Over 50 Exam Mercenaries

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has disclosed that it has arrested over 50 persons …


  1. Please after paying the fee for change of course (2500),a slip was printed and written boldly that I can’t use it for adminission. So I was told to pay 1000 naira for d slip to carry d effected change. Pls can d details process of that be send to me to do it or I must go to where I did d change??

  2. I have changed my institution twice can i still change again



  4. Adetunji samson

    Is it necessary for me to change my local govt on my jamb profile because i made a mistake and if yes,Is the change still on?

    • Yes you can change it. But it will attract a fee of 2,500. You can visit any accredited CBT centre for guidance.

  5. Pls I want to change my course and in d examination year their is no utme 2018 I keep on seeing other years like 2017 down ward and if I click on d 2017 it will tell I did not registered for d exam pls I need your help pls what will I do cox am really stranded pls if u can reply to me immediately I will b greatful Sir

  6. I got 168 can I get admission to university

  7. Kingsley Anthony

    How to print jamb original result

  8. I mistakenly removed my registered courses on my uniben kofa page, can I still register again

    • It depends on whether or not your school’s registration portal is still open. If it is no longer open, you may need to let your course adviser know or visit the complaint unit of UNIBEN at the Auditorium

  9. pls i made change b4 and i want to effect it again,and i have paid another 2,500 and it wont still let me,it’s saying dat it can be done once on institution

  10. John ogadimma promise

    How do you know accredited cbt centers, or is it any computer center or cyber cafe ?

  11. Whc federal polytechnic will accept 160 for science lab tech pls

  12. When will udusok post umte form come out

  13. Ezekiel blessing

    Pls,when will federal polythenic nekede start post utme screening exam

  14. We are yet to see our Jamb Results. “You do not have any result yet”
    Any point in hoping?

  15. When is the deadline for change of institution and course?

  16. must the change of institution be done at accredited cbt centre only

  17. Oluwatosin Michael

    Please, when are we going to upload our O’level result for those who chose Awaiting Result during UTME registration.

  18. 1.Can one do this change without visiting the CBT Centre on his/her own computer logging on to jamb website.?
    2.Can I pay on-line through jamb portal and do the change at CBT centre?

  19. will jamb make the change of data globally to every one or it must be accredited centres only? last year they thump printed candidates then later they made it globally to student, so am asking if jamb will bring room for that later………………..

  20. Pls for how long will the correction last??

  21. Can I cancel the change on institution since there is no need anymore. I’m not really pinpointing my motives on a refund tho’.

    • If you have processed it and submitted, you cannot cancel it. The only option is to change again and in that case, you will have to pay another 2,500

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *