This is to inform all the candidates who scored 140 and above in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) as well as Direct Entry (DE) candidates to apply for the Post-UTME screening exercise for admission into the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) for 2023/2024 academic year.
Online applications are invited from all qualified 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) candidates for admission into various undergraduate programmes in the Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Only UTME candidates who made AKSU their First (1) Choice Institution and scored 140 and above, are eligible to apply for admission into any of the undergraduate programmes, as indicated below;
FACULTIES & (DEPARTMENTS)
Faculty of Agriculture (Agricultural Economics & Extension, Animal Science, Crop Science, Fisheries & Aquaculture. Soil Science)
Faculty of Arts (English, History & International Studies, Performing Arts, Philosophy. Religious and Cultural Studies)
Faculty of Biological Sciences (Biochemistry. Botany, Genetics and Biotechnology. Marine Biology, Microbiology, Zoology)
Faculty of Education (Education & Biology. Education & Chemistry, Education & Integrated Science, Education & Mathematics, Education & Physics)
Faculty of Engineering (Agricultural Engineering. Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering, Civil Engineering. Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
Faculty of Management Sciences (Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Marketing)
Faculty of Physical Sciences (Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science. Physics)
Faculty of Social Sciences (Economics. Mass Communication, Political Science, Sociology & Anthropology)
The University portal for online registration will open from Monday, 7th August, 2023 to Friday, 29th September, 2023. Interested candidates are advised to register before the deadline. Candidates who fail to register within the Registration period will not be considered for admission in the Akwa Ibom State University.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2023/2024 SCREENING EXERCISE
1. 2023 UTME Result ship
2. 2023 DE Registration Slip (Direct Entry applicants only).
3. HND, ND. NCE, A-level certificate, etc. (Direct Entry applicants only)
4. Birth Certificate
5. Certificate of Origin
6. AKSU PUTME/DE Registration Confirmation Slip (2023)
Candidates are required to register online for the screening exercise following the procedure below:
1. Visit portal.aksu.edu.ng
2. Click on START NOW”
3. Click on “Enroll”
4. Click on PUTME
5. Enter your JAMB Registration Number
6. Click the arrow below to Verify and Contime
7. Proceed to make payment of N2.000.00 only as registration fee (excluding bank charges) Note: Payment can be made via Debit Card or Bank Deposit Nationwide. If payment is made at the Bank, please repeat steps 1-3, then continue with the registration. & Upload the scanned copies of your documents (2023 UTME Result Slip, 2023 DE Registration Details Slip with A-level, NCE, ND or HND certificate, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Origin) in jpg format with a minimum size of 120KB and maximum size of 150KB.
9. Preview the details entered to ensure accuracy.
10. After confirmation, click the “Finish” button to generate the Registration Confirmation Slip
There would be a grace period of four (4) weeks within which all approved admissions must be accepted by the candidates. Failure to accept the admission, such admission will be deleted, and the candidate placed under the “refusal to accept category, punishable by ineligibility to be admitted again.
Candidates with awaiting results may apply but must ensure that their O’level (WAEC/NECO) results are uploaded appropriately at the JAMB ponal (CAPS) in a COMPUTER-BASED TEST (CBT) CENTRE approved by JAMB
Kindly note that the University does not have individuals/sales agents for admission. Anyone who deals with any individual and/or makes payment(s) to an individual’s account does so at his/her own risk.
Applicants are hereby strongly advised to visit ONLY the University website www.aksu.edu.ng, e-mail: [email protected] and email@example.com, for more information.