The Ekiti State University, EKSU 2017 sandwich admission has been announced by the management. Suitably qualified candidates are hereby invited to apply for admission into the sandwich programme of the Ekiti State University, EKSU for the 4,5,& 6 Year Degree, PGDE AND M.ED Degree programmes in the 2017 contact session.
EKSU 2017 SANDWICH ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
A. 4-Year Programme in any of A to C
- Passes at credit/merit level in two subjects at the NCE and credit passes in (five) 5 subjects at GCE O/Level including English Language or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. A pass at the NCE General English is acceptable in lieu of a credit pass at the SSCE/GCE O/Level.
- Three (3) passes at GCE Advanced Level plus credit passes in five (5) other subjects at GCE O/Level or SSCE
- National Diploma with credit/merit passes in relevant subjects plus credit passes in five (5) GCE O/Level subjects at not more than two sittings.
- Passes at credit level in five (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics at the GCE O/Level with any of the following is acceptable for Computer Science Education: i. Diploma in Data Processing from recognized Universities,
- ND (Computer Science).
- Nursing and Midwifery Certificate together with five (5) O/Level credit passes including English Language for B.Sc in Physical Health Education.
- Nursing and Midwifery Certificate plus Post-Nursing Diploma with Credit passes in five (5) O/Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings is acceptable for B.Sc (Ed) Health Education.
B. 5-Year Programme in any of A to C except Educational Management
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE plus credit passes in Five (5) subjects at GCE O/L or its equivalent. A pass at the NCE General English is acceptable in lieu of a credit pass at the SSCE/GCE O/Level English.
- Passes at credit/merit level in two major subjects of the Associate Diploma in Education with GCE O/Level credit passes or its equivalent in five (5) subjects at not more than two sittings.
- Credit/merit passes at the NCE level in two (2) major subjects with credit passes in five (5) subject at GCE O/Level or its equivalent.
- Passes at credit level in two (2) subjects in the NCE with credit in five (5) subjects at GCE O/Level irrespective of whether a subject is repeated at both ordinary and NCE level,
- Nursing and Midwifery Certificate together with O/Level credit passes in five (5) other subjects is acceptable for the B.Sc (Ed) in Physical and Health Education.
- The NABTEB credit/merit passes in five (5) subjects together with the Advanced Level NABTEB Certificate in any two (2) subjectsisacceptablefortheB.Sc (Ed)Technical Education.
C. 6 Years Programme in any of A to C
- Passes at credit/merit level in five (5) subjects including English Language in WASC/GCE O/Level at not more than two sittings.
- A credit pass in Mathematics is compulsory for all B.Sc (Ed) Science courses.
- Five credit/merit passes in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics in NABTEB is acceptable for the B.Sc (Ed) Technical Education.
D. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (PGDE)
- Candidates with Third Class at the first degree in the Arts, Sciences or Social Sciences from an approved University are eligible for admission.
- HND with credit/merit passes in relevant teaching subjects.
E. MASTERS’ DEGREE (M.Ed) PROGRAMMES
The following courses are available at the Masters’ Degree Level: Philosophy of Education, Guidance and Counselling, Language Education, Science Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, Educational Management, Social Studies Education, Test and Measurement, Mathematics Education, Exercise Physiology, Organization and Administration of Sports, Health Education, Sociology of Education, Human Kinetics and Sports.
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements in the Postgraduate Programmes:
All applicants seeking Admission into any of the Master’s Degree and Postgraduate Diploma Programmes must have Five Credit Passes at ‘O’ Level in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. A pass at the NCE General English is acceptable in lieu of a Credit pass at SSCE/GCE’O’Level
EKSU 2017 SANDWICH ADMISSION APPLICATION METHOD
Application fee for M.Ed or PGDE: N16,000.00 (Sixteen Thousand Naira only) including E-Tranzact Commission.
Application fee for Undergraduate: N6,000.00 (Six Thousand Naira only) including E-Transact Commission.
- Log on to the university’s website www.eksu.edu.ng or sandwich.eksu.ng
- Navigate to Sandwich Portal: sandwich.eksu.ng
- Click on 2017 undergraduate form (for undergraduate programmes) or Postgraduate form (for postgraduate programmes).
- Supply the basic information required
- Pay the sum of N6,000 (for undergraduates) or N16,000 (for postgraduates) via the use of ATM card, (verve or Master card only)
- Upon successful transaction, Print an online receipt containing the confirmation code and supply the Receipt Number and Confirmation Code in the online receipt printed to access the form.
- Complete the application form online and print a copy
- Submit a copy of the Application form with the photocopies of your credentials at the Sandwich Programmes Office Irasa, Ado-Ekiti not later than 1st week of April 2017.
EKSU 2017 SANDWICH APPLICATION DEADLINE
The deadline for Application is 1st week of April 2017.