The Imo State University, IMSU 2017/2018 Pre-degree and extramural programme admission have been announced.
Applications are invited from Qualified candidates for admission into one year Extra-mural and pre-degree programme of Imo state university,owerri for the 2017/2018 Academic session.
(a). Extra-mural programme is for candidates who have deficiencies in their O’level exams and seeking remedy examination conducted by accredited public examination bodies like WAEC,NECO and NABTEB or UTME conducted by JAMB. Subjects covered in the programme, include: English Language, Mathematics, Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Government,Literature-In-English,Igbo,Christian Religious Knowledge, Economics, Geography, Agricultural sciences, Computer science, french, History, commerce and principles of Accounts.
Candidates will be required to register on their own with the public examination body of their choice.
(b). The Pre-degree Programme is for candidates who already possesses university admission requirements and seek to undergo a year pre-degree study preparatory for subsequent admission into the 100Level Degree Programme of the Imo State University. The programme will be available in the Sciences, Business, Social sciences, Computer sciences, Humanities,Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health sciences.
1. Candidate for Extra- Mural studies must have attempted SSCE/NABTEB with evidence of the subject failed for which remedy is sought.
2. Candidates for Pre-Degree must possess at least (5) Credit passes at not more than two sittings at the SSCE or GCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) or equivalent qualifications. For the sciences, Engineering, Health sciences, Business, Social Science, Law and Education, the five credit include English Language and Mathematics. For Medicine, only one sitting is allowed at the SSCE,GCE,NECO,NABTAB or equivalent qualifications.
3. Pre-degree Candidates are required to take and pass the 2018 JAMB UTME with a pass mark.
4. Candidates should make IMSU their first choice if University in the UTME in their application forms.
5. For a candidate to have a space in the University, he/she must score a minimum of 50% in the First and Second semester exams of the CENTER in addition to the JAMB UTME pass mark
How To Apply For MSU 2017/2018 Pre-degree & Extramural Programme Admission
(i) Visit the University official website www.imsu.edu.ng
(ii) Click on 2017/2018 Generate Extramural & Pre-degree Application invoice
(iii) Enter your Phone Number.
(iv) Click on submit
(v) Enter your Full-name, email address
(vi) Submit to print your invoice and proceed to the bank to pay a non-refundable fee of N6500.00 using the invoice number on your generated invoice.
(vii) Obtain a T-Pay ePinfrom the bank as your access code
(viii) After successful payment in the bank, return to the portal.
(ix) Repeat Steps (i) – (iii)
(x) Complete and submit online Supplementary Application Form.
(xi) Print out your “Acknowledgement Slip”
CLICK HERE to see list of other schools their current Pre-degree admission forms have been announced.