The MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship scheme seeks to attract high-performing full time students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education) in Nigeria. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
500 Scholarships will be awarded this year. The scholarship is worth N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira) covers school fees, book allowance, and stipend for each academic year throughout the duration of studies.
The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit)
Only applications from students studying any of the following courses will be considered:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
The student must be in their third year at the time of application, ie they must be in 300L
1.) Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year.
2.) Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
3.) Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd year in a public University.
Screening Test Requirement
Applicant details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- A valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study.
- Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only).
Method Of Application
- Click “Apply Now” to access the Form
- Complete the form and provide the required information
- Click ‘Submit for your application to be captured
Application closes on the 15th August, 2021.