This post is to point out and explain where necessary the important documents and other requirements you will need for your schools (university, polytechnic, College of education) post-UTME/DE admission screening exercise.
Like you may have known already, the post-UTME admission screening exercise involves the verification of candidates’s UTME/O’level results and other relevant documents.
You are expected to get most of this documents/ requirements ready before the post-UTME. DE admission screening of your school of choice commences.
So candidates are to ensure they get all the necessary documents ready to avoid having issues or unnecessary delay getting it later.
For the sake of clarity and emphasis, let’s number them individually;
1. Get Your O’level results (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB) Ready: Depending on the nature of the screening, you will be required to present copies of your O’level Statement of result or O’level Original Certificate. The results must be obtained in not more than two sittings.
If it is up to four years you wrote the O’level examination, you will need to present the original certificate of your result not statement of results. But if it is less than 4 years you wrote the O’level examination, you can present your O’level statement of result. It will be accepted.
The reason for this is that the Original Certificates of O’level results are made available after 4 years. So it is expected that your Original Certificate should be ready after four years. If your O’level result is up to four years, you better go and get the original certificate.
2. Certificates of JUPEB, ND, NCE, IJMB etc : This is for only direct entry candidates. You will be required to present the original copies of whatever certificate you have obtained that qualified you for Direct Entry admission.
3. JAMB Direct Entry Registration Slip: This is only for direct Entry candidates.
4. UTME Result Printout: This is your Original JAMB Result Slip. The one that has your passport photograph on it. You will need to print this document out from JAMB website when it becomes available.
5. JAMB Data: JAMB data includes information like your JAMB, Registration number, JAMB score, UTME Subject combination etc. If you are applying for an online screening, you will be required to provide these information.
6. Birth Certificate/ Age Declaration: You already know what a Birth certificate is. In a situation whereby your birth certificate is lost or not available, you can go to any court and get what is called affidavit of age declaration.
7. Local Government Area Certificate of Origin: This is an official document that indicates your Local Government Area (LGA) and state of origin. You can get this at your Local Government Area secretariat in your state of origin.
8. Passport Photograph: Schools have their specifications when it comes to passport photograph. Some will require red background while others will require a white background. UNIBEN usually demands a recent red back ground passport. Your school will specify which one is needed when they announce the screening form. So ensure you follow the instructions. The passport should also be recent. At least not more than two months it was taken.
9. Online Admission screening registration printout: This is the document you print out after registering for your school’s post-UTME/DE admission screening exercise. The document is usually needed if your school calls for a physical screening, an Aptitude test/Oral interview.
10. Guarantor’s or Referee’s Letter: Not all schools demand for this. You school will specify if this is needed. it is just a letter from your parents or sponsor indicating that you are of good conduct and that they will be able to take care of the financial implication if your stay in the school.
- READ ALSO:
- How To Prepare For Post-UTME/DE Admission Screening Of Your School
- How Schools Will Conduct Post-UTME/DE Admission Screening Exercise
- Post-UTME/DE Admission Screening Documents/Requirements
- How To Calculate Post-UTME Admission Screening Score
- After JAMB, What Next? Here Are 6 Steps to Admission Success
- Undergraduate Admission: Your High JAMB Score Is Not Enough
- 11 Ways To Gain Admission Without JAMB
- Schools Their Part-time Admission Forms Are Out – 2017/2018
- Schools Their HND Full-time Admission Forms Are Out – 2017/2018
- Schools Their Postgraduate Admission Forms Are Out – 2017/2018
- Schools Their Pre-degree, JUPEB, IJMB Forms Are Out – 2017/2018