The Senate of the Rivers State University at an emergency meeting held today Tuesday, 29th September 2020 approved the resumption of Academic activities for the 2019/2020 academic session to commence on Monday 5th October 2020.
Senate further approved that from Monday 5th October 2020 to 9th October 2020 will be a period for revision for all returning students in a staggered pattern from Year 5 to Year I. Thereafter First Semester Examinations will be held as follows:
- 1) 5th October 2020: Arrival of students after Covid 19 pandemic lockdown
- 2)12th to 16th October 2020: First semester 2019/2020 Examination Begins for all year 5 students
- 3)19th to 23rd October 2020: First semester 2019/2020 examination begins for all year 4 students
- 4) 26th to 30th October 2020: First semester 2019/2020 examination begins for all year 3 students
- 5) 2nd to 6th November 2020: First semester 2019/2020 begins for all year 2 students
- 6) 9th to 13th November 2020: First semester 2019/2020 Examination begins for all year 1 students
Detailed information on the rest of the calendar of Academic activities for the 2019/2020 session shall be communicated to all staff and students in due course.
Furthermore, students who have paid fees but have not registered, including those that have neither paid fees nor registered are hereby directed to pay fees and register their courses immediately.
For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to reiterate that any student who fails to pay fees or register his/her course before the examination date will not be allowed into the examination hall.
All students are directed to observe COVID-19 protocols upon resumption as sanction would be imposed on anyone found to be flouting this directive.