The University of Benin Teaching Hospital, UBTH School of Post-basic Nursing,Midwifery and Health programmes Admission forms, 2o17/2018 are on sale. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes available at the UBTH Benin City.
A. INSTITUTE OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY (IHT).
1. Environmental Health Technology (WAHEB) Courses; (ND 2 years & HND 2 years)
2. Anaesthetic Technicians; (3 years)
3. Plaster Technicians Course: Course; (3 years)
4. Dental Surgery Technicians Course; (3 years)
5. Occupational Therapy Technicians Course; (3 years)
6. Dispensing Optics Course; (3 years)
7. Medical Image Processing Technicians Course; (3 years)
8. Biomedical Engineering Technology Course; (2 years). Note: For BMT application is through JAMB
9. Emergency Med Technology (Paramedics) Course. (ND. 2 years)
10.Public Health Nursing Officers Course (HND);2 years)
a. Applicants should possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in not more than two (2) sittings in WASCE/NECO/GCE Oh. subjects which should include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry. Physics and Biology. Subjects obtained with NABTEB are acceptable for programmes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 and 9.
b. Health Science is acceptable for EMT and Environmental Health Technology Courses.
c. Candidates seeking admission into Public Health Nursing Course will in addition be expected to meet the following requirements:
i. Registered Nurse (RN) certificate
ii. Registered Midwife (RM) or Psychiatric Nursing Certificate with one year post qualification experience.
iii. Candidates with Bachelor of Nursing Science (BN Sc.) would start at HND II (final year).
d. For candidates seeking admission into Biomedical Engineering Technology Course, a pass in any of the following subjects will be an added advantage: Wood Works, Auto-Mechanics, Basic Electricity, Technical Drawing, Economics and Fine Art.
B. SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (SHIM).
SHIM is a monotechnic accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) and the Joint Admission Matriculation Board / Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (JAMB / UTME).
NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME (ND)
• Prospective candidates must possess a minimum of Five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings at WAEC. GCE. SSCE. NECO or NABTEB in the following areas: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and an additional subject from: Physics, Geography. Economics and Government.
• Candidates with a minimum score of at least 150 in the 2017 JAMB / UTME are eligible to apply.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME (HND)
i. Candidate must possess the National Diploma (ND) certificate in Health Information Management in addition to meeting the requirements for admission as stipulated for ND programme and evidence of one year industrial training from a recognized health industry.
ii. Holders of Technician Certificates in Health Information Management from Schools or Colleges of Health Technology. Such candidates must also have the minimum requirements for admission into the ND programme.
iii. Candidates with Technician Certificates (at least Upper Credit pass and issued by Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) will be required for admission into the HND Programme, provided they meet the entry requirements for ND programme.
C. SCHOOL OF POST BASIC NURSING STUDIES:
1. Diploma in Ophthalmic Nursing and management. One year).
2. Diploma in Peri-operative Nursing and management. (One year).
a. Possess five (5) credits in not more than two sittings at the WAEC/NECO/SSCE/GCE which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
b. Be a qualified nurse duly registered with Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria
c. Have at least one year post registration, clinical experience in the relevant area.
C. UBTH CENTRE FOR TRAINING COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICERS, EKPOMA
The training which lasts for two (2) calendar years will commence in September, 2017. It leads to the award of Higher Diploma in Community Health.
BASIC EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
West African School Certificate/GCE “0” Level OR Senior Secondary School Certificate (NECO) with five (5) credits as follows: English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Sciences and any two (2) of the following.subjects: one (1) from: Chemistry. Physics, Geography. Food and Nutrition and one (1)from Economics, Accounting, Government, Commerce, Agricultural Science. Literature in English. Book Keeping. Certificates presented should be at not more than two (2) sittings.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
In addition to qualification above, candidates must possess any of the following professional qualifications and experience for eligibility to apply:
i. Diploma in Community Health (DOH) with not less than two (2) years post qualification experience
ii. Community Health Extension Workers (CHEW) with five (5) years post qualification experience Applicants must be registered as a Community Health Practitioner and possess a valid practice license.
1. Application forms are to be obtained at the interview venue with evidence of payment of prescribed fees.
2. Please be informed that the deadline for the payment of application form is Monday June 26th, 2017.
3. You are to come with the following documents on the interview date:
(a) A hand-written letter applying for admission into the programme. The letter should be addressed to the Coordinator, Centre for Training Community Health Officers (CTCHO). Ekpoma.
(b) Bank Receipt (evidence of payment of application fee.
(c) Valid or Current Practice License.
(e) CHEW Certificate /Abridged Certificate /DCH Certificate (as applicable).
(f) Three recommendation Letters.
(g) Evidence of change of Name (if applicable)
E. SCHOOL OF MIDWIFERY ENTRY QUALIFICATION
Prospective candidates must possess the following:
• Five (5) CREDITS in WAEC SSCE/NECO in English Language. Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at not more than two sittings.
• Be a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Admission forms are obtainable at the Offices of the respective Principals/Heads of Schools.
* 6000.00 Naira only for courses in the Institute of Health Technology, School of Health Information Management and the sum of N46,200 only for the School of Midwifery.
* 10,000.00 Naira only for applications to the School of Post-Basic Nursing Studies and candidates for the UBTH centre for Training Commissioning Health Officers course Ekpoma.
NOTE: All payments for purchase of application forms should be made at the designated pay Centres within UBTH or through the REMITA Platform with the Account Name; “Training Schools” in any commercial bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Application Forms
Completed forms should be submitted at the respective Offices of Principals of Institute of Health Technology. School of Health Information Management and School of Post-Bast Nursing Studies in UBTH on or before Friday, 25th August, 2017.
Entrance Examinations to the various programmes/courses will hold on Saturday, 2nd September, 2017 by 9.00am at the respective Schools in UBTH.
Competitive written test and interview for candidate for the Centre for Training Community Health Officers, Ekpoma will be conducted on Wednesday 28′ and Thursday 29′ June 2017 respectively.
All candidates are to bring their originals and photocopies of certificates/master-lists to the examination centre.
For candidates applying to SHIM and BMT, the post UTME/Screening is slated for 9.00 am, September 9th, 2017 at the School Premises.
NOTE!!! The closing date for the sales of forms for the School of Midwifery is Friday 11th August, 2017, the entrance date is schedule for Saturday 12th August at 8:00am at the School of Midwifery UBTH, Benin City.