UNIMED Predegree admission form for 2018/2019 session is on sale. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Pre-Degree Science Programme (PDSP) of the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo (UNIMED) for the 2018/2019 session. It is an intensive programme aimed at preparing candidates for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Post UTME towards admission into the 100 level degree programme of UNIMED and other universities.
2. PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES
The Pre-Degree Programme will remedy the deficiencies carried over from secondary schools in order to prepare candidates towards undertaking a successful university programme. The programme will also prepare students adequately for university education by increasing their self-confidence and promote effective learning ability.
3. PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
The courses of study are the Universities Matriculation Examination (UME) subjects which include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. An overall minimum score of 50% in the examinations and continuous assessment (comprising regular tests and assignments) is required to be qualified for consideration for admission into 100 Level of the relevant degree programmes of the University.
4. UNIMED PREDEGREE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates should possess five Credit passes in WASC, NECO or GCE at not more than two (2) sittings in relevant subjects of Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates interested in MBBS and BDS programmes must have the required 5 credit passes at only one (1) sitting.
- Candidates with awaiting results must obtain the 5 Credit passes in relevant subjects before completion of the Pre-Degree programme.
- Eligible candidates shall be invited for a Qualifying Computer Based Test (CBT).
5. QUALIFICATION FOR 100 LEVEL ADMISSION INTO UNIMED
- Candidates are expected to sit for the UTME and obtain the minimum JAMB cut-off mark for the University admission and other Departmental pre-requisites.
- Candidates are also expected to pass the two end of semester examinations and score a minimum overall average grade of 50% at the end of the programme.
6. THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMMES ARE AVAILABLE
- FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- FACULTY OF DENTAL SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- B.Sc. Anatomy
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Physiology
- FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Animal and Environmental Biology
- B.Sc. Plant Biology and Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Medical Physics
- B.Sc. Physics Electronics
- B.Sc. Mathematics/Computer Sciences
- FACULTY OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES
- B.NSc. Nursing Science
- B.PT Physiotherapy
- B.MLS Medical Laboratory Science
7. How To Apply For 2018/2019 UNIMED Predegree Admission
- Prospective candidates are to visit the University website on www.unimed.edu.ng, click on admissions, Pre-Degree Progamme and duly follow the instruction to print the e-transact invoice.
- Pay an application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) excluding bank charges on e-transact in any bank on the e-transact platform.
- Upon confirmation of payment, candidates are to complete and print the Pre-Degree Science Programme (PDSP) Application Form online after payment by logging on to www.unimed.edu.ng and click on the online PDSP Registration Portal.
- Submit the Online application form and print out a copy of the Examination Schedule slip.
8. CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
All completed online application forms with the required relevant documents should be submitted online not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
9. DATE FOR QUALIFYING EXAMINATION
Candidates are requested to check the University website www.unimed.edu.ng for the date of qualifying examination and for further details.
Limited accommodation in the university’s managed hostel with proximity to the pre-degree centre for interested pre-degree student is available.
Kindly note that the University does NOT have any individual/sales agents for the admission exercise. For the avoidance of doubt, valid details about admissions into the programmes offered by the University can be obtained only at the Office of the Director of Predegree Science Programme (PDSP) and at the UNIMED website www.unimed.edu.ng.
Kindly note also, that valid payments for purchase of forms can only be done as prescribed above and NOT to any individual. Anyone who transacts with any individual/agent or make payment to any other account does so at his/her own risk.
Please be warned.
Mr. Adeyinka Adekalu