The Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa (UNIZIK) school of postgraduate studies has commenced sales of form for into its Postgraduate programmes for the 2022/2023 Session. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates. UNIZIK postgraduate programmes are run on Full-time and part-time basis.
For Available Programmes, UNIZIK Postgraduate COURSES.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for full-time or part-time admissions into the postgraduate programs of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, for the 2022/2023 academic session, leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Master’s and Doctorate degrees in the following Faculties, Institutes and Centers.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE
- MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for any Postgraduate Programs must possess a minimum of five credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or TC11(Faculty of Education only) based on the Department/Faculty and General University Requirements. Applicants are advised to obtain information on Departmental requirements from the university website spgs.unizik.edu.ng.*This is important*
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
2.1 Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
The following may apply for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programs.
2.1.1Graduates from approved Universities who hold first degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
2.1.2 Candidates from approved Polytechnic or Monotechnic who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit.
2.2 Master’s Degree Programmes
The following may apply for admission into Master’s Programmes.
2.2.1Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of
2.50 on a 5-point scale or a minimum of 45% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
2.2.2 For unclassified degrees, candidates are expected to have a minimum overall score of 60%.
2.2.3 Holders of Postgraduate Diploma in the proposed field of study from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.00 and above (on a 5-point scale).
2.3 MPHIL/PhD Programmes
Graduates from approved Universities who hold master’s degree in the proposed field of study and under the advertised courses with an FCGPA of 3.20-3.49 (on a 5-point scale).
2.4 Doctor of Philosophy Programmes
2.4.1 Graduates from approved Universities who hold master’s degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on
a 5-point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use the FCGPA.
2.4.2 For PhD in Clinical Oncology, candidates are expected to have MBBS and MSc in related disciplines.
3.0 DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMES
3.1 Postgraduate Diploma Program (PGD)
- Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme is minimum of two (2) Semesters and a maximum of three (3) Semesters.
- Part-Time. minimum of four (4) Semesters and a maximum of six (6) Semesters.
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD.
- Full-Time is minimum of four (4) Semesters and a maximum of six (6) Semesters.
- Part-Time is minimum of six (6) Semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters.
3.2 Master’s Degree Programmes
- Full-Time Master’s Degree Programmes is minimum of three (3) Semesters and a maximum of six (6) Semesters.
- Part-Time program is minimum of four (4) Semesters and a maximum of eight (8) Semesters.
3.3 MPHIL/PhD Programs
- Full-Time MPhil/PhD Programme is minimum of two (2) Semesters and a maximum of three (3) Semesters.
- Part-Time Program minimum of three (3) Semesters and a maximum of four(4) Semesters.
3.4 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programmes
- Full-Time PhD Programs is minimum of six (6) Semesters and a maximum of ten (10) Semesters.
- Part-Time Programs minimum of eight (8) Semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) Semesters.
4.0 Choice of Supervisor
Candidates are advised to go to this link to view Supervisors’ profiles and to choose a supervisor based on area of specialty.
5.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION
5.1 Application form should be completed online by logging onto https://myedu.unizik.edu.ng
Step 1: Click on Postgraduate School, then select ‘Generate Application form Invoice’
Step 2: Fill the Invoice generation form and click on ‘Generate invoice’
Step 3: After generating the invoice, go to the bank and make payment or click on Pay with Card to purchase the form with a Debit card.
Step 4: Obtain your RRR then revisit the Portal: myedu.unizik.edu.ng to complete the Application form.
Step 5: Download and print your Acknowledgment Form and Transcript Request form to be sent to your former institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
Applicants should include the names, phone number and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
PhD applicants in submitting their forms shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include:
- Name of Applicant
- Proposed Department and Faculty
- Topic (not more than 18 words)
- Brief background of the Study
- Aim and Objectives/Purpose
- Expected Outcomes
Application Process for the 2022/2023 Session
- Sale of Form begins on February 15th, 2022 and ends on 16th September 2022.
- Submission of Form ends on 19th of September 2022.
- Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, College of Postgraduate Studies not later than 23rd September 2022.
- Applicants will be invited for the Screening Test from the 28th-30th September,2022 and Proposal Defense (PhD only) on 28th September 2022
- PhD applicants in submitting their forms shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages.
(Visit spgs.unizik.edu.ng for the proposal template).
Notwithstanding compliance with the above conditions, all admissions offered are provisional and the College of Postgraduate Studies reserves the right to offer, confirm or deny admission.
Dr. Ifeyinwa F. Anolue
Deputy Registrar I /Secretary
College of Postgraduate Studies