The University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) has released guidelines for inter-university transfer in the 2017/2018 academic session.
Interested students are to follow the guidelines below to apply for inter-University transfer for 2017/2018 academic session.
GUIDELINES FOR CONSIDERATION OF APPLICATION FOR INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER, 2017/2018 ACADEMIC SESSION
- Transfer students shall possess the minimum University of Nigeria and Departmental entry requirements prior to entry into the university from where they are seeking transfer.
- Transfer students shall make a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.95 on a 5.00 point scale to quality for consideration and should not have spent more than two (2) academic sessions in his or her former university.
- The number of students offered admission by transfer shall not exceed 4% of the departmental admission quota in any one year.
- Application should be accompanied by student’s transcript. University of Nigeria official(s) would be sent to the University from where transfer is being sought for verification of the transcript or on-line verification as the case may be,
- If at any stage irregularity is discovered in the papers presented by the student(s), such student(s) shall be withdrawn from the university.
- Disciplinary action shall be taken against any officer of the University found colluding with or circumventing the process of the transfer.
- A transfer student is required to possess a JAMB score which is not less than the minimum score of UNN students admitted into his department in his admission year.
- He must transfer into the same course as he studied in his university.
- Transfer student must not be admitted beyond second (2nd) year for all programmes in the university.
- A transfer student must be a current student of the University from which he seeks transfer.
- All application for Inter – University Transfer for the 2017/2018 academic session should be received on or before 15th September, 2017.
- All recommendations for admission by transfer from Faculty shall be submitted to the Admission Office for collation and presentation to Senate Entrance Board for consideration.
- Visit the University of Nigeria website (unn.edu.ng) or portal (unnportal.edu.ng), log in your Telephone Number to generate and download a unique Payment Invoice for Application Processing Fee. Pay the application fee of N195,000.00 through Remita payment platform at any Commercial Bank. You are to generate a payment invoice which contains a Remita number; the invoice print out will enable you to make your payment at the bank.
- Visit the University of Nigeria website or portal (unn.edu.ng or unnportal.edu.ng) again and log in your Telephone number and Invoice numbers, and then complete the Inter-University Transfer Form online.
- Print the form and forward to your current University Registrar for completion of last page to confirm release from your current University.
- Candidates should note that any form which is not completed on-line will not be processed.
Online application commences on Monday 31st July, 2017 and ends on Friday 15th September, 2017.