The Republic of Indonesia Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education is providing scholarships through the Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) scholarship programme to support students from developing countries who wish to pursue Masters at any of the 16 prominent Indonesian Universities in these fields of study: Humanities, Science, Engineering, Social Sciences.
The scholarship, covers the following;
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,000,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,550,000 per month;
- During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed in the guide book (link below)
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
Please be advised that the scholarship scheme will only sufficient to cover one person to living properly in most cities where the universities are located.
Who Can Apply?
To be qualified for this scholarship, applicants must;
- Be not more than 35 years old
- Have obtained the relevant bachelor degree for applying a master degree program
- Have a TOEFL /IELTS/other English Proficiency Certificate scores of 500/5. or equivalent
- Complete the on-line application form
- Sign a statement letter provided by the KNB Scholarship management for the successful candidates prior to the departure to Indonesia.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are to visit the official website and follow the procedure below to apply;
- Download the Invitation Letter posted in the KNB Scholarship website
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter
- Sign Up and Complete the online application
- Receiving the selection result broadcasted online in the KNB Scholarship Website and/or officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
- A Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country
- A Recommendation letter from your government
- Two Academic Recommendation letters
- A Scanned passport (personal data page only)
- A Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcript (in English)
- A Scanned TOEFL/IELTS/other English Proficiency certificate obtained within the last 2 Years
- A Scanned Medical Statement
The deadline for this application is 30th May 2017.
For more information, visit the official scholarship webpage.