Would you like to study in South Africa on Scholarship? You have a very good opportunity to do that now as the Mastercard foundation is offering interested students from Africa the opportunity to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate studies at the University of Pretoria (UP), South Africa.
The scholarship is fully funded and covers the following;
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP (University of Pretoria) residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Scholarship Application Deadline: September 15th , 2017.
Please note that you must apply for undergraduate or postgraduate studies at the University of Pretoria (UP) on or before August 30th first before applying for this scholarship.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
Studies To be taken at (country): South Africa
Fields of Study:
Faculty of Engineering
- BEng (Industrial Engineering)
- BEng (Chemical Engineering)
- BEng (Civil Engineering)
- BEng (Electrical Engineering)
- BEng (Electronic Engineering)
- BEng (Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering)
- BEng (Mining Engineering)
- BEng (Computer Engineering)
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- BCom (Accounting Science)
- BCom (Financial Science)
- BCom (Economics)
- BCom (Informatics)
- BCom (Agribusiness Management)
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- BScAgric (Food Science and Technology)
- BScAgric (Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness Management)
- BScAgric (Animal Science)
- BScAgric (Plant Pathology)
- BScAgric (Applied Plant and Soil Sciences)
Postgraduate Study Programmes
Master’s degree applicants in the above-mentioned fields may also apply.
Honour’s candidates will be considered if they are prepared to commit to continuing to a Master’s degree.
Type: Undergraduate and Masters (Taught)
Who Can Apply:
- Candidates must have applied and received an offer to study at University of Pretoria (UP) to be eligible
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme
Selection Criteria: The identified scholars need to demonstrate a commitment to making a difference in their communities, having faced significant barriers to accessing and completing quality tertiary education. The Program provides a comprehensive scholarship, mentoring and counseling, academic support and access to work readiness skills.
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Scholarship: Fully funded Scholarship.
Duration of Scholarship: through out the Period of degree programmne or course of study
How to Apply: Interested and qualified applicants are to visit the official Page, Click on the plus sign beside “How To Apply”. You will find the link that will give you details on how to apply to University of Pretoria (UP) and how to download the MasterCard scholarship form and send in your scholarship application.
Award Provider: Mastercard Foundation, University of Pretoria (UP)
Important Notes: All potential MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) applicants for academic year 2018 have to apply at the respective faculties at University of Pretoria FIRST before applying for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. Once you have been offred an admission, then you can apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
You scholarship application will not be considered if you have not applied at the faculty first.