Applications for the 2017/2018 Italian Government Scholarship have commenced. The Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Italy is awarding scholarships to both foreign citizens and to Italian citizens living abroad to study in Italy for the 2017/2018 academic session. The scholarship is aimed at fostering international cultural cooperation, spread the knowledge of the Italian language, culture and science, as well as promote the Italian economic and technological system throughout the world.
Courses for which it is possible to apply for a scholarship:
- Second-level University courses (five-year degree/Master of Science) (Laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
- Master’s Degree courses (First and Second Level)
- Ph.D Courses
- Specialisation Schools
- Research under academic supervision
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM); Scuola Internazionale di Liuteria di Cremona; Scuola di Alta Formazione e Studio (SAF) of the Istituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro (ISCR); Scuola Nazionale di Cinema
- Courses of Italian language and culture
- Training/refresher courses for Teachers of Italian language
Who Can Apply?
- Candidates who are aged between 18 and 36 years on the expiry date of this call for applications . For those who apply for the first year of a PhD program the maximum age limit is 33 years on the expiry date of this call for applications. Candidates may apply for training/refresher courses for Italian language teachers if aged between 18 and 45 years on the expiry date of this call for proposals.
- Candidates are to submit certificates showing their knowledge and proficiency in the Italian language, starting from the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The knowledge of the Italian language is not required for enrolling in the university courses fully provided in English. Only for the courses of Italian language and culture shall candidates submit a certificate showing their knowledge and proficiency in the Italian language, starting from the A2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Candidates must be from one of the eligible countries.
Candidates are to visit the official scholarship webpage using the link provided at the end of this post to download the list of eligible countries as well as the detailed eligibility criteria.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to apply via the online scholarship application portal on the official scholarship webpage.
The deadline for application is May 9th, 2017.
For more information, visit the official scholarship webpage.