The University of Birmingham has announced the award of four 4 undergraduate scholarships to Nigerian students living in Nigeria who wish to apply for admission into the university for undergraduate programme commencing in September at the University.
The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students.
The is worth £5,000 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2017.
Who Can Apply?
To be qualified for this scholarship, applicants must:
- selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2017 and received an offer . The student must be commencing 1st year undergraduate studies at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigerian national or domiciled/ resident in Nigeria.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be financially able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2017 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of our local representatives listed here in alphabetical order: Bridge House Counselling, SI-UK (‘Study In-UK’), and UKEAS.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and select Birmingham as their firm choice by the scholarship application deadline and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by this scholarship deadline of 31 May 2017.
NOTE: Registered students already studying a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified cabdiudates must have applied to the university and selected the university of Birmingham as their firm choice. Also they must have accepted the admission offer from University of Birmingham, and be in contact with one of University of Birmingham’s local representatives listed above by the scholarship deadline of 31 May 2017. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required.
Decisions will be announced in mid-July and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2017.
Application deadline is 31st May, 2017.
ADDRESSES AND CONTACT OF UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM’S LOCAL REPRESENTATIVES
For further information please contact University of Birmingham local representatives:
Bridge House Counselling
1/3, Olagunsoye Oyinlola Street, 2nd Avenue Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos
Tel: +234 1 8728297
Email: [email protected]
2nd Floor, 84 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos
Phone: +234-1-212 0530
See website for all offices: www.studyin-uk.ng
Contact: John Ojeogwu
Mobile: + 234 (0)815 8868 617
Address: UKEAS Nigeria, 76 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
See website for all offices: http://www.ukeas.com.ng/
View the official scholarship publication for more information.