The Association of Commonwealth universities Master’s Scholarships in South Africa is now open. The scholarship is open to citizens of a Commonwealth countries other than South Africa.
Value of Award:
- The scholarships provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance and a regular stipend (living allowance).
- No additional funding will be provided for applicants with families
Eligible Countries: African students
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa
- Applicants must hold an Honours degree or a four-year degree, equivalent to NQF 8 on the South African National Qualifications Framework, and with an average mark of at least 70%, and meet the minimum entry criteria of the proposed course of study
- Applicants must not be a current DHET-supported scholarship recipient
- Applicants must have applied for the identified study programme at the chosen university in South Africa on a full-time basis
- Applicants’ academic background should be aligned to the proposed field of study
Number of Awards: 4
Duration of Programme: Scholarships are for a maximum of two years
How to Apply: First, you must apply for your chosen course directly with the university. Applicants are advised to arrange for their qualifications to be validated by the South African Qualifications Authority before applying to a university.
Separately, download this scholarship application form, and complete it in as much detail as possible.
As well as the application form, applicants must submit the following:
- A 500-word research proposal summary, containing:
- Scientific elements of the proposal: research rationale, problem identification, aims and objectives of research, theoretical framework and research methodology
- Social relevance of proposed study
- High school certificates
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
- At least one academic reference
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- Proof that you have applied for the relevant course at your university of choice
Please submit all the required documents above by email to [email protected]
For more information on this scholarship, visit the official scholarship webpage.