University of Lausanne in Lausanne UNIL Master Scholarships are available for students who have graduated from a university outside Switzerland who wish to pursue their studies in Switzerland.
Participants must prove a good knowledge of English in their motivation letter (number of years of Language classes taken, specific experience in an English-speaking environment etc.) and IELTS or TOEFL test.
Scholarship Type: Masters
Available Courses: All Masters programme offered at UNIL except the following:
- Master of the School of Medicine
- Master science and education practices
- Master in Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of Law in Criminal Justice, Judiciary mention
- All MAS (3rd cycle programs)
Warning: for the Master of Law (Master of Law), only two endorsements namely;
“International and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open for a postulation on a Master’s scholarship.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is awarded for the minimum period of the program chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600. – Per month from 15 September to 15 July (i.e. 10 months per year), for the entire duration of the master’s degree (1 year and a half or 2 years depending on the chosen master), except In case of definitive failure after the first year.
Candidates are to note that the amount of the scholarship awarded may not be sufficient to live in Switzerland.
Number of Scholarships: UNIL grants ten scholarships a year.
Country To Be Taken: Switzerland
Who Can Apply?: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Obtain a foreign university degree deemed equivalent to a Bachelor of UNIL before the start of the master program at the UNIL.
- To have distinguished herself during her studies, notably by particularly brilliant academic results.
- Have a minimum level of B2 (level according to the global scale of the European Language Portfolio) in French or English depending on the language of instruction of the chosen master.
- Not already registered at UNIL.
- To have paid the administrative fee of CHF 200.- (see document “list of documents to be attached to your application file”)
Abandonment of the program results in suspension of the scholarship.
How to Apply:
Applicants are to visit the official scholarship webpage to download the application form.
You are to ensure you equally check the pdf file containing the list of supporting documents for application.
Completed application form along side the necessary documents are to be sent unbound by post to the address below;
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
The deadline for applications is November 1 to start a master’s degree in the next academic year, in the autumn semester or in the spring semester if the program allows.
For more information, visit the official scholarship webpage.