Berea College, Kentucky, USA, one of America’s top Universities, offers scholarships to international students. Berea College has opened applications for international students seeking admission at the Institution for 2022/2023 academic session.
Scholarship Value of Award: No student pays tuition at Berea. All admitted students receive the Berea’s University No-Tuition Promise, which covers 100% of tuition costs. Berea is the only one of America’s top colleges that makes a no-tuition promise to every enrolled student. Costs for room and board are also covered completely for the first year
Application Deadline: 15th October, 2022 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): USA
Eligibility: Berea College encourages applications from students who:
- do not yet have a 4-year college degree;
- do not have dependents or are married.
- meet university entrance requirements in their own country;
- are able to present outstanding secondary and/or leaving exam results;
- are able to present IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, or ACT results;
- are fluent in the English language, both oral and written;
- are interested in living and learning in an environment that stresses the equality and kinship of all people regardless of race, class, age, religion, sexual orientation, or nationality;
- Although international enrollment is limited to about 25 new students each fall, Berea College nevertheless seeks to serve students from as many different areas of the world as possible.
- Successful candidates for admission have a record of outstanding academic achievement and a strong sense of educational purpose.
- Berea College does not teach English to those who have not yet mastered the language.
- International students must have mastered the English language sufficiently to understand and participate in class lectures and discussions, read required texts and other materials, and complete written and other assignments. However, all enrolled international students will be assessed to determine whether they would benefit from an English as a Second Language (ESL) course in the first semester. An additional ESL course may also be required in the second semester for some students. The Nursing program has higher English proficiency requirements (TOEFL iBT 83, with a 26 on the spoken section). If admitted to Berea with lower English proficiency, students will not be admitted to the major until the required scores are achieved. Students will be given the opportunity to retest, however, students failing to meet the TOEFL iBT requirement by the first day of their third term of enrollment at Berea are ineligible to pursue the Nursing major. If admitted to Berea with lower English proficiency, students will not be admitted to the major until the required scores are achieved
Duration of Award: 4 years
How to Apply: Interested applicants are to download the Admission and Scholarship Application form read the instructions and fill accordingly and submit as directed. In order to be considered for admission, a completed application packet must be received in the Berea College Office of Admissions no later than 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) November 30, 2020.
- There is no application fee to apply to Berea College.
- International students accepted by Berea College are funded for four years of study. We ask that each international student, once offered admission, to pay a one-time enrollment fee of $50 and a $2,200 deposit before coming to Berea to help with costs for medical, dental, emergencies, or other unexpected expenses. Students may apply for an exception to paying the deposit if there are inadequate family finances. The remaining balance of the deposit will be returned upon graduation. Having the deposit while at Berea is essential.
For more information, visit the official scholarship page.