Lagos State University, LASU is now selling the predegree admission form for the 2021/2022 session. The Application fee is N10,000. Deadline is 6 weeks from the date of this publication. See full details below;
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates for admission into the Lagos State University 2020/2021 Pre – Degree Studies [PDS] Programme, which shall commence in October, 2021.
The Programme shall run for One (1) Academic Session, beginning from October, 2021, to September, 2022. It is an intensive programme to prepare Candidates with deficiency in their O’Level result and also prepare them for Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination [UTME] for admission into the 100 Level Degree programmes of Lagos State University.
The Programme is located at the Lagos State University, Epe Campus.
2.0 ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
(a) Candidates must have Credit Passes in at least three (3) Subjects (i. e. Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Government and Economics, Literature in English, Christian Religious Studies (CRS), Accounting at Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, GCE or NECO at NOT more than two (2) sittings.
(b) Candidates who meet the admission requirements will be invited for a written qualifying examination.
The subjects to be offered are:
2. English Language
8. Literature in English
9. Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
3.0 CRITERIA FOR TRANSITING TO 100 LEVEL:
For transition to 100 Level, each candidate is expected to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and also OBTAIN the minimum JAMB Cut Off Mark for the University Admission as well as comply with the University Screening Test as may be prescribed.
In addition, all CANDIDATES with deficiencies are to REGISTER for WAEC and /or NECO, and are expected to pass all the relevant deficient subjects.
Successful Candidates are eligible to be allocated to the 100 Level Courses of related Faculties/Schools/College: Engineering, Science, Management Sciences, Education, Social Sciences, Law, School of Agriculture, Transport, Mass Communication, Nursing, Dentistry and College of Medicine, at the end of the Programme.
On admission, if any Candidate voluntarily withdraws after two (2) weeks, a month or two, from the Programme, only 30% request for refund of school fee can be made by such Candidate before the end of First Term of the Calendar Year. Any request made after that period will NOT be entertained.
4.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION:
A. ONLINE PAYMENT
i. Prospective Candidates should visit www.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop down list at the top, to make the required payment of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000:00) only for the 2021/2022 LASU Pre – Degree Studies.
ii. After payment, Candidate should proceed to register online
- Open the Online Pre-Degree Studies (PDS) Application Portal
- Click on the STEP 1 and Generate Your Application Number
- Note that you can generate your application number only once. Make sure you print out the application number genaration page in number (2) above.
- Click on the STEP 2 and Pay Your Application Fee at www.lasu.edu.ng/epayment/
- At the Payment portal on Number (4) above, Choose ‘Main Campus‘ for the campus/Application dropdown and choose ‘Pre-Degree Studies (PDS) Application‘ for the Study/Application Type dropdown fields respectively.
- Click on ‘Proceed’
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to generate your transaction ID.
- Pay your application fee with your generated Transaction ID on LASU Quickteller Payment Portal at https://www.quickteller.com/lasu
- Go back to the Online Pre-Degree Application Portal
- Now go to STEP 3: Enter your ‘Application Number‘ and ‘Surname’ in the fields provided and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions and then complete your application.
- Print out your application form.
- You can also re-print your application form as many times as you want.
5.0 CLOSING DATE:
The CLOSING DATE for the online application form is (Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication). Lectures for successful candidates starts immediately.
6.0 DATE FOR QUALIFYING EXAMINATION AND INTERVIEW:
The dates for the Qualifying Examination and Interview for the Successful Candidates for the 2020/2021 Calendar Year will be announced later.
Any applicant who pays money to any individual/other account / or through other means aside from the one above, does so, to his/her own disadvantage.
8.0 GENERAL INFORMATION:
The programme is residential. Candidates offered admission into the programme will be accommodated at the Epe Campus of the Lagos State University.
Candidates are to visit: www.lasu.edu.ng for more information about the programme.
LEWIS, Akinwunmi Oladapo
Registrar and Secretary to Council