The East Tennessee State University International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is available to new international students including Nigerians seeking to pursue a graduate or undergraduate degree programme in the university.
The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only and nothing more.
For undergraduate programmes: Eight semesters
For Masters programme: Five semesters, (however, this depends on the length of the programme)
For doctorate programmes: Eight semesters (however, this depends on the length of the programme) see East Tennessee State University graduate catalog
Scholarship can equally be applied to simmer semesters.
Who Can Apply?
- have submitted application for admission before applying for this scholarship. However, they may apply for this scholarship before they are admitted to East Tennessee State University. An applicant must have been admitted to East Tennessee State University before the scholarship will be reviewed. (undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions).
- Possess or plan to possess an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- A good record of academic achievement.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are to complete the online scholarship application form
Scholarship Application Hint:
Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to East Tennessee State University.
When to Apply
Completed applications need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester: no later than July 15th
- Spring semester: no later than October 15th
- Semester census date (2 weeks from the first day of classes for the term)
For more information on this scholarship, view the official scholarship publication.