Applications for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po University, Paris, France has commenced. The scholarship was created after the founder of Sciences Po (1871) in order to welcome the very best international students from outside of the European Union.
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate, Masters
- Deadline for undergraduate programme: mid-February 2022
- Deadline for masters programme: November 30, 2021
To be taken at (country): Sciences Po University, Paris, France
Eligibility: Eligible students are those, first-time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
Students who are NOT eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including from a European Union state
- Candidates from Quebec for master degree (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Candidates for bachelor degree are eligible
- Dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
- the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
- Candidates to the 1 year Master’s programmes
- Exchange students
Selection Criteria: This scholarship is awarded based on factors of excellence and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria are also taken into account.
Selection Process: The Admissions Department is responsible for awarding Boutmy scholarships.
For Undergraduates – The Emile Boutmy programme can take several different forms:
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme, in addition to a grant to cover part of the cost of living of €5000 per year.
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €3,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
On an exceptional basis, a scholarship of €19,000 may be granted to cover the three years of College. Scholarship amounts are decided during the different admission juries.
During the year abroad (third year of the undergraduate programme): Scholarship recipients will retain their tuition fee grant and additional cost of living grant (if applicable) during their year abroad.
For Masters – The Émile Boutmy programme is a tuition grant of €12,200 per year which covers part of the tuition fees for the two years of the Master’s degree programme.
How to Apply: Interested applicants are to CLICK HERE to get the application guide. Students must indicate that they are applying for the Emile Boutmy scholarship in their Sciences Po application.
Students will also be required to include proof of income and documents explaining their family situation (e.g. income tax return for both parents, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child support or retirement pensions, death certificate…).
For more information, visit the official scholarship page.