Federal government Bilateral Education Agreement scholarship award application is now open. The Federal Ministry of Education invites interested and qualified students to participate in the 2023/2024 BEA scholarship award.
The scholarship is for undergraduate and postgraduate students who would like to study in the following countries;
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary, Egypt
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers the following;
- Tuition fees and Accommodation.
- Supplementation allowances of $6,000 per annum for both Postgraduates and Undergraduates to augment feeding local transport, maintenance, equipment/books;
- Warm clothing allowances for all scholars @ $250 per annum;
- Health Insurance for all scholars @ $200 per annum;
- Take-off grant for all Postgraduate scholars @ N100,000.00 once before departure;
- Take-off grant for all Undergraduate scholars @ N60,000.00 once before departure;
- Postgraduates’ research grant of $1,000 per annum;
- Medical allowance of $500 per annum for scholars of General Medicine; and
- Passages in form of a one-way ticket to the country of study and the sum of $2,500 paid to graduating scholars at the end of the course by the country’s Mission in the host country for return air-ticket and other incidentals for a smooth transition back to your home country.
Fields of Study:
a. Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
A. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2021 & 2022). for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2022) only. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in the country. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by the employer.
How To Apply for Federal Government BEA Scholarship:
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education portal via; https://fsbn.com.ng/applicants/auth/register/45480
- Supply a valid email address and password on the “CREATE ACCOUNT” form to register. If you have registered, you can access the application form using the same email and password through the “Log In” form.
- Please note that you are to fill out and save your information on each of the sections on the form one after the other thereafter submit your application on the last section of the form.
- You can go back to any of the sections to edit your information and save again as much as may be necessary before the application deadline.
- Be informed that all asteric ( * ) fields are compulsory.
- You can navigate through the form using the “section links” on the left side of the form or via the “Previous” and “Next” links on both the top and bottom of the form.
- After completing the form online
- Submit and Print a copy
NOTE/ Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!
Please the Application does not attract any Processing Fee.
NOTE (For all Applicants):
i) Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
ii) Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics;
iii) The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted;
iv) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which was opened Middle November to close 16th January, 2023.
Complete the application form online,
v) All Applicants are to upload the following certificates online;
a. UNDERGRADUATE (UG): WAEC/WASSCE, Birth Certificate, Indigene letter.
b. POSTGRADUATE (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Birth Certificate, WAEC/WASSCE
Indigene letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship
Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
ii) Data page of the current International passport;
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
iv) National Identification Number (NIN)
v) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS/E-MAIL:
ii) [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS
For more information, visit the official scholarship page.