Federal Ministry of Education – The Honorable Minister of Education (HME) Mallam Adamu Adamu hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian Students in Nigerian Public tertiary institutions to participate in the 2017/2018 selection interviews for scholarship awards tenable in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
Federal Government Scholarship Award (2017/2018) Tenable in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study and above in Federal or State Universities, they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0 on a 5.0 point scale or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
Higher National Dilploma (HND):
- All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study in any of the Federal or State Polytechnics or Monotechnics, they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 4 scale or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE):
- All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study and above in any Federal or State Colleges of Education and they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 4 point scale, or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
- Applicants must be registered full-time students of Federal or State universities and must have a minimum of second class Honours (Upper Division) in their 1st Degree.
(The interview will hold between April 12th – 14th, 2018.
All applicants are to CLICK HERE to download the pdf document that shows their
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Start Application Online You will need to create an account first. Then login with your details to complete application.
Completed Application Forms should be printed (for endorsement by their HOD and Registrars of their institutions.) and submitted at the various interview centers alongside the following photocopies below:
- Letter of admission to the institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- Student Identity Card
- Last sessional CGPA result
- Letter of identification from State/Local Government of origin
- Two passport-size photographs with name fully written at the back
- All qualified candidates who have completed their prescribed application forms for the Nigerian Awards scholarship should attend selection interviews as scheduled
- Application forms that are incorrect, incompletely filled or without the necessary documents will not be processed;
- All Application forms must be duly signed and stamped by their HOD and Registrar
Candidates must attend interviews with the following:
- Writing materials such as pen, HB pencil and eraser.
- Originals of certificates for screening
- Interview starts by 8.00a.m. Daily.
- Candidates are advised to adhere strictly to the interview schedule.
All Correspondences should be addressed to:
Federal Scholarship Board
FME Annex, Opp. Arewa Suites
Central Business District
- This particular application does not attract any processing fee. therefore, beware of fraudsters!
- For further inquiries, E-mail: [email protected] [email protected]
There is no specific application deadline. However, you need to apply before the interview date for your zone.
For more on this scholarship, visit the official scholarship publication.