Application for 2021 Chevening Scholarships to study in the United Kingdom is open. This is a good opportunity to pursue your Masters degree studies in any of the universities in the United Kingdom. Chevening is the United Kingdom government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the United Kingdom. You will live and study in the United Kingdom for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the United Kingdom.
Number of Scholarship: 1,500
Value of Scholarship:
The Chevening Scholarship award offers:
- payment of tuition fees;
- travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only;
- an arrival allowance;
- a grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required);
- an excess baggage allowance;
- the cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only;
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. It is currently £917 per month outside London and £1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
Duration of Scholarship: One year
Application Deadline: 2nd November 2021
To be taken at (country): UK Universities
Scholarship Type: Masters
Eligible Fields of Study: Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of fields; including politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia in any UK University.
Eligibility For Chevening Masters Scholarship:
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15th July 2021
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16th July 2022
How can I Apply?
To apply for a Chevening Scholarship as a Nigerian, visit this link: https://www.chevening.org/scholarship/nigeria/ . If you are applying from other countries, visit the official application page , select your country and click on the search button to visit your country’s application page, scroll down and then click on “Apply for scholarship”. Create an account and proceed to complete the application process.
In order to commence your Chevening Scholarship application, it is essential that you have the following ready:
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK master’s course choices
Only documents in PDF format can be uploaded to the online application system, and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.