The MasterCard Foundation in partnership with Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana is offering Scholarships to students from African countries (Including Nigeria) for the 2020/2021 Academic Session.
Value of Scholarship: The Scholarship includes;
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
Application Deadline: 1st May, 2020 at 17:00GMT
Eligible Countries: African countries
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
About Scholarship: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
Eligible Field of Study: A preference for Science students; however, all subjects are considered
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: For the 2020/2021 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. The applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
Number of Scholarships: several
Duration of Scholarship: full period of study
How to Apply: Interested applicants are to first apply for admission in the university and then proceed to download and complete the Scholarship Application Form
To Apply For Admission, follow the steps below;
Provide the required information and click on generate login to obtain your login details
Once you have generated your login details, visit, the online admission application portal to apply for admission.
To apply for the scholarship, download a copy of the 2020/2021 application form HERE and fill it.
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
Note: When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
- The print out of KNUST’s online admission
- Original Certificates for Both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent.
For more information on this scholarship, visit the official scholarship page.
Sponsors: MasterCard Foundation
Important Notes: There are absolutely no charges/ fees/ facilitation/ agents or intermediaries required at any stage of this process.