The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) in collaboration with Imperial College London, University of Aberdeen, and University of Leeds all in the United Kingdom is delighted to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.
The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunities in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
For the academic year commencing September 2020, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK-Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses.
The following courses qualify for the award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||MSc Petroleum Engineering
|University of Aberdeen||MSc Geophysics|
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration Geophysics|
- To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement;
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process;
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- must have completed their National Youth Service by September 2020
- be ordinarily indigenes in the Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed countries.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020.
- currently reside in Nigeria
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
- Applicants are to click on any course of interest in any of the 3 schools and proceed to apply for admission.
- Once you have been offered admission and receive a formal letter of admission from any of the universities, the application form for the scholarship will then be available through the websites of the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2020.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- *Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements
For more information, visit the official scholarship page.