The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme, by the Hungarian Government is offering international students the opportunity to undergo study of all types in Hungary for free. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students. The Programme is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
Fields of Study:
1. Full degree bachelor studies: Agriculture, Engineering Sciences
2. Full degree master studies: Agriculture, Economic Sciences, Engineering Sciences
3. Full degree doctoral studies: in any field of interest
To be taken at (country): Hungary
Scholarship Type: The scholarships are available for bachelor, master, one-tier master, doctoral and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses).
In the Hungarian education system, one-tier master programmes cover both the bachelor and the master level of studies; therefore it is an undivided master programme that results in a master degree. These one-tier programmes are offered in specific study fields such as general medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, architecture, law, veterinary surgery, forestry engineering, etc.
Value of Scholarship:
- Tuition-free education
- exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Medical insurance
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Eligibility: The scholarships are available to all students EXCEPT the following;
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- former Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Holders, who are re-applying for studies in the same cycle of education (non-degree studies, bachelor, master, doctoral level) including both full time and partial study programmes
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of candidate’s chosen program:
- Bachelor programmes: Fulltime: 2-4 years. Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- Master programmes: Fulltime: 1.5-2 years. Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- One-tier master programmes: Fulltime: 5-6 years Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- Doctoral programmes: Fulltime: 2+2 years Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- Non-degree programmes:
- Preparatory course in Hungarian language: 1 year
- Other preparatory and specialisation courses: up to 1 year
List of Eligible Countries: For full time programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, Oriental Republic of Uruguay, Palestine, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia (FYROM is used at OSCE, UN, CoE, EU and NATO fora), Republic of Moldova, Republic of Namibia, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Yemen, Russian Federation, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, State of Israel, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Mexican States.
How to Apply:
- New online application surface of Tempus Public Foundation: http://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu (The online application surface is expected to open next week.)
- Deadline for submitting the complete application package: 16th February 2018.
- Applications shall also be submitted to the responsible authority of the Sending Partner
Name of responsible authority in Nigeria is: Federal Scholarship Board
Contact: Ms Fatima Jiddum Ahmad Director/Secretary
E-mail: [email protected]
For information on the responsible authorities of other countries, CLICK HERE
Application Deadline: 16th February 2018 (23:59 Central European Time)
For more information on this scholarship, visit the official scholarship page.Share This Post