The Hungarian Government Scholarship Programme is offering international students the opportunity to undergo study of all types in Hungary for free. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students. The Programme is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
Application Deadline: 15th January, 2022
Value of Scholarship:
- Tuition-free education
- exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Medical insurance
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Fields of Study:
1. Full degree bachelor studies: in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology, Economic Science, Engineering Science, Health Science and Teacher Training
2. Full degree master studies: in the field of Legal Science, Economic Science, Engineering Science, Medical and Health Science, Teacher Training and Arts
3. Full degree one-tier master studies: Medicine
4. Full degree doctoral studies: in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology, Natural Science, Engineering Science and Economic Science
5. Patrial studies: levels and fields of study as specified above
Scholarship Type: The scholarships are available for bachelor, master, one-tier master, doctoral and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses).
In the Hungarian education system, one-tier master programmes cover both the bachelor and the master level of studies; therefore it is an undivided master programme that results in a master degree. These one-tier programmes are offered in specific study fields such as general medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, architecture, law, veterinary surgery, forestry engineering, etc.
Eligibility: The scholarships are available to all students EXCEPT the following;
- Citizens of Hungary
- Former awardees of this scholarship
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of candidate’s chosen program:
- Bachelor programmes: Fulltime: 2-4 years. Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- Master programmes: Fulltime: 1.5-2 years. Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- One-tier master programmes: Fulltime: 5-6 years Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- Doctoral programmes: Fulltime: 2+2 years Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- Non-degree programmes:
- Preparatory course in Hungarian language: 1 year
- Other preparatory and specialisation courses: up to 1 year
How to Apply:
- Applicants are to apply online via this link: http://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
After applying online, applicants are to contact the representing authority at the Federal Scholarship Board as shown below:
- Name of responsible person: Mrs Ndajiwo. H. Asta (Director Federal Scholarship Board)
- E-mail address: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.education.gov.ng
- Telephone: 08126803658
- Address: 245 Samuel Ademulegun street, Central Business District, Abuja
For more information on this scholarship, visit the official scholarship page.