Most candidates seeking admission into universities, polytechnics and Colleges of education in Nigeria will have to go through a screening method in their respective school of choice to be considered for admission.
Following the return of Post-UTME aptitude test in universities, polytechnics and colleges of education, some candidates are not sure on how they will be screened by their respective schools for admission.
The purpose of this post is to guide you on the admission screening patterns or methods used by schools to screening candidates (UTME/Direct Entry) for admission.
Admission Screening Methods
You need to know how Schools Screen Candidates For Admission so you know how to prepare. Let’s look at the different pattern and methods used by schools to conduct admission screen exercise for their candidates.
- Online Screening: Some schools will only require you to only upload your UTME and O’level results as well as other relevant documents online. This may be all that is required for you to be screened for admission. The school admission officers will now have to go through all the documents and details you have provided to determine if you are qualified for admission.
- Physical screening: Some school instead of demanding you upload your documents or details online, will rather ask you to present your document physically in the school premises or any other designated venue at a specific date which will be communicated to all the candidates who applied top the school. However, for some schools, even after uploading your details online, will still demand that you come physically to the school for screening. All you need to do is to visit the school on the specific date and go through the screening exercise. The screening comprises mainly of checking your results and relevant documents to be sure it is the same with the one you uploaded.
- Aptitude Test/Interview screening: Schools have been given the liberty to conduct post-UTME screening for candidates seeking admission. Though it may not be all the schools that will conduct an aptitude test, some schools will definitely use it as a screening method. Your school of choice will indicate if they will screen candidates using this method while announcing their screening exercise.
Having known the screening methods used by schools to screen candidates for admission, the next thing you should know is how to prepare for your schools admission screening exercise and what documents and requirements are needed.
We have created a thread that shows you the list of schools that have announced their Post-UTME/DE admission screening for 2018/2019 academic session. To access the thread, CLICK HERE
If you have additional questions concerning this, you can use the comment section to ask your questions.
- Schools Their Post-UTME Admission Screening Forms Are out – 2018/2019
- Post-UTME/DE Admission Screening Documents/Requirements
- How To Calculate Post-UTME Admission Screening Score
- After JAMB, What Next? Here Are 6 Steps to Admission Success
- Undergraduate Admission: Your High JAMB Score Is Not Enough
- 11 Ways To Gain Admission Without JAMB
- Schools Their Part-time Admission Forms Are Out – 2018/2019
- Schools Their HND Full-time Admission Forms Are Out – 2018/2019
- Schools Their Postgraduate Admission Forms Are Out – 2018/2019
- Schools Their Pre-degree, JUPEB, IJMB Forms Are Out – 2018/2019