To pass the 2023 JAMB CBT exam, there are challenges every serious and determined candidate has to go through while preparing for the exams, but this is to assure you that there is no need to panic or stress yourself much about passing the 2023 Jamb CBT Exam. We have provided here a few things that can help you in preparing and passing your JAMB exams.
1. Learn to relax your mind: always learn to free yourself from fear. Why am I saying this? Some students always panic whenever they remember they have JAMB exam. There is no need for you to worry much about that. All you have to do is study hard, get familiar with past questions and answer all available questions, learn to give yourself questions, and solve them also.
Relax your mind, have confidence in yourself because your panic means that you are not sure of your ability to pass the exam. I assured you that you can achieve more when your mind is relaxed than when you are in a state of panic!.
2. Time management: To help sort out your time management, set up a timetable for your study. Write down how many subjects you will be writing on the exam, then organize your study accordingly.
You may want to give some subjects, especially mathematics, physics, chemistry (although that depends on how good you are with any available subjects) more study time than others, so find a balance that you feel comfortable with.
Do not be deceived by your peers who will try to laugh at you when you are visiting the school library, or stay up at midnight or anywhere you find it comfortable to study your books ahead of your exam because you are laying the foundation for your successful jamb examination results”.
3. Get rid of distractions: Make sure you have enough space to sort your textbooks and notes out. Try as much as possible to get enough study light that won’t make you feel dizzy or suddenly tired when reading, know what type of study light is quite comfortable for your eyes, (although white light is more encouraged).
Is your table, chair comfortable? Are your mobile phones, social media chatting, or computer games out of sight? Be sure to perfectly try and get rid of all distractions, and make sure you feel as comfortable and able to focus as possible during your reading sessions.
For some people, this may mean almost complete silence, for others, especially me, am more comfortable playing background music such as classical hits. (You can download a lot of classical hits online, they help to relax your brain while reading).
Some of us need everything completely tidy and organized in order to concentrate, while others thrive in a more cluttered environment. Think about what works for you, and take the time to get it right.
4. Take regular breaks: While you may think it’s best to study for as many hours as possible, this can actually be counterproductive sometimes. If you were training for a marathon, you wouldn’t try and run 24 hours a day. Likewise, studies have shown that for long-term retention of knowledge, taking regular breaks really helps.
Everyone’s different, so develop a study routine that works for you. If you study better in the morning, start early before taking a break at lunchtime. Or, if you’re more productive at nighttime, take a larger break earlier on so you’re ready to settle down come evening.
Keep your body and brain well-fueled by choosing nutritious foods that have been proven to aid concentration and memory, such as fish, nuts, seeds, yogurt, and blueberries.
5. Groups study: It is true that some people prefer studying alone. However, there is a huge benefit in undergoing group learning this not only applies to jamb exams though. You can form a group of 3 minimum or 5 maximum depending on how you wanted it to be. You can go to your neighborhood and meet some of your fellow Jambites that are also preparing for the jamb exam tell them about your intention of forming a small study group.
Try to find a quiet place that will be convenient for you guys. It’s best advised to make use of a library or school environment for the studies. Try to make the group very interactive after every study session by asking questions based on what you people learned. Challenge each other with various questions, solve some problems from past questions or self-set questions. The group can also be online; Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.
6. Studying jamb past questions: studying/solving past Jamb CBT Exam questions is very important for every jamb candidate. Many JAMB questions during UTME are from the past written jamb examinations. So, therefore, studying past exam questions will not only help to enhance your exam preparations but can also make you minimize your chance of failing the jamb exam.
Have you downloaded the First Class learners app and software for the 2023JAMB exam? do so via this link: Download JAMB CBT Mobile App and Software for 2023 UTME. They are designed specially to help candidates adequately prepare for the forthcoming JAMB exam as it contains all you need to excel. So help yourself by downloading and activating now! Download now via these links:
- Download 2023 First Class JAMB CBT App for Android phones and tablets
- Download 2023 First Class JAMB CBT Software for computer systems
7. Plan your exam day: Make sure you get everything ready well in advance of the exam – don’t leave it to the day before to suddenly realize you don’t know the way, or what you’re supposed to bring.
Check all the rules and requirements, and plan your route and journey time earlier because we know how bad Nigerian roads are. So if your exam center is quite far from where your location is, be sure to travel as early as possible to the exam venue If possible, do a test run of the trip. If not, write down clear directions.
Work out how long it will take to get there – then add on some extra time. You really don’t want to arrive having had to run halfway or feeling frazzled from losing your way. You could also make plans to travel to the exam with friends or classmates, as long as you know they’re likely to be punctual.
Good luck! In your jamb examination, remember determination is the key to success.