This is to inform the general public that online sale of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State, Postgraduate Application Forms for the 2021/2022 Academic Session commences Monday 10th July 2022. In addition to the existing programmes, the following new programmes are now available:
M.Sc. Business Administration
M.Sc. Computer Science
M.Sc. Geology (Oil & Gas Upstream)
M.Sc. Geology (Solid Minerals Development)
M.Sc. History & International Studies
M.Sc. Public Administration
All interested applicants should visit the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai website portal ibbu.edu.ng/pgapp for details of the available courses, requirements, details of the purchase, filling and submission of the online forms. Please note the following information:
1. The cost of each application form is N20, 300.00 only.
2. Sale of application forms and submission ends on 31st August, 2022.
3. The phone number and e-mail addresses of the applicant should reflect in the online application form
4. The phone numbers and e-mail address of the applicant’s referees should be included in the online application form.
5. Applicants are to ensure that they meet the basic entry requirements of five O’Level Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings. Candidates for English Language and English Literature programmes must have at least a credit in Literature at O’Level.
6. All candidates are to present themselves for physical screening on a date to be announced soon
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUTE STUDIES AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension Services
1 PGD – Agricultural Economics
2 M.Sc. & Ph.D. Agricultural Economics
Department of Animal Production
1 PGD – Animal Production
2 M.Sc – Animal Production
Areas of Specialization
a. Monogastric Nutrition
b. Animal Physiology
c. Animal Products & Processing
d. Ruminant Nutrition
Department of Crop Production
1 PGD. –Crop Production
2 M.Sc. – Crop Production
b. Plant Pathology
d. Soil Science
e. Weed Science
2. FACULTY OF EDUCATION AND ARTS
Department of Counselling Psychology
1. M.Ed. & Ph.D. -Guidance and Counseling
2. M.Ed. & Ph.D. – Educational Psychology
Department of Continuing Education and Community Development
1. PGD in Education (PGDE)
2. M.Ed. & Ph.D. in Adult Education
a. Adult and Non-Formal Education
b. Rural and Community Development
c. Gender Education
d. Industrial Education
e. Entrepreneurial Adult Education
f. Communication Arts in Adult Education
Department of Human Kinetics & Health Education
M.Sc. Human Kinetics & Health Education
a. Exercise Physiology.
b. Health Education.
c. Sports Psychology.
d. Sports Administration and Planning
Department of History & International studies
M.A History and International Studies
3. FACULTY OF LANGUAGES & COMMUNICATION
Department of Arabic
1. PGD Arabic
2. M.A – Arabic Language
3. M. A – Arabic Literature
Department of English
1. M.A & Ph.D. English
2. M.A & PhD. – Literature in English
4. FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES
Department of Biochemistry
1. PGD – Biochemistry
2. M.Sc. & Ph.D. – Biochemistry
a. Nutritional Biochemistry.
b. Biochemical Toxicology.
c. Medical Biochemistry & Chemical Pathology.
d. Molecular Biology & Biotechnology.
e. Environmental Biochemistry
f. Pharmacological Biochemistry
Department of Biology
1. PGD – Environmental Biology
2. M.Sc. –Biology (options in the following areas 🙂
a. Hydrobiology and Fisheries
b. Environmental Biology
e. Mycology/Plant Pathology
Department of Computer Science
PGD in Computer Science
PGD in Information & Communication Technology
M.Sc. Computer Science
Department of Geography
1 PGD. –Water Resources & Environmental Management
2 M.Sc. & Ph.D – Water Resources & Environmental Management
Department of Geology
1. PGD GeoResources
2. M.Sc. Geology (Solid Minerals Development)
3. M.Sc. Geology (Oil & Gas Upstream)
Department of Mathematics
1. PGD in Mathematics
2. M.Sc. Mathematics
Department of Microbiology
1. M.Sc. Microbiology
Department of Physics
1. PGD – Physics
2. M.Sc. Physics – (options in the following areas)
a. Applied Geophysics
b. Solid State Physics
c. Radiations and Health/Nuclear Physics
d. Energy Studies
5. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Accounting
1. M.Sc. Accounting
Department of Business Administration
1. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Management
2. M.Sc. Business Administration
3. MBA with options in
i. Business Accounting & Finance
ii. Islamic Finance
iii. Entrepreneurial Development
iv. Insurance & Actuarial Science
vi. Human Resource Management
vii. Auditing & Public Sector Accounting
viii. Public Finance Management
Department of Economics
1. PGD in Finance & Administration (PGDFA)
2. PGD in Health & Environmental Economics (PGDHEE)
3. Master in Financial Economics (MFE)
4. M.Sc. Economics
Department of Political Science
1. PGD in Public Policy & Administration (PGDPPA)
2. PGD in Development Studies (PGDDS)
3. Master in Public Policy & Administration (MPPA)
4. Master in International Studies & Diplomacy (MISD)
5. Masters of Art (M.A) Peace, Conflict and Security Studies (M.A-PCSS)
6. Masters of Art (M.A) Electoral Policy and Administration (M.A-EPA)
7. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Political Science
Department of Public Administration
1. PGD Public Administration (PGDPA)
2. Master in Public Administration (MPA)
3. M.Sc. Public Administration
Department of Sociology
1. M.Sc. Sociology
(Areas of Specialization)
a. Medical Sociology
b. Industrial Sociology
c. Sociology of Education
e. Development Studies
Candidates are advised to read the specified entry requirements on the Advert:
1. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes Applicants must possess:
▪ A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Third Class Degree
▪ HND from a recognized Polytechnic with a minimum of Lower Credit
▪ NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter
▪ 5 O’ Level Credit passes including English Language and Mathematics
▪ Any other qualification acceptable to the Senate of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai.
2. Master’s Programmes, Applicant must possess:
▪ Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division honours from recognised institutions.
▪ NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter.
▪ 5 O’ Level credit passes including English Language and Mathematics.
▪ Candidates for English Language and Literature must possess credit in O’Level Literature.
▪ Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (Upper Credit) who in addition, possess a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in a relevant discipline may be considered.
▪ The minimum duration of the Masters degree is 18 months.
▪ The PGD Management and MBA programmes will hold their lectures at IBB University Suleja Campus.
3. Ph.D. Degree Programmes (applicants must possess):
Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree programme of IBB University must possess the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees of IBB University or any other University recognized by the Senate of IBB University in the relevant discipline. To qualify for direct entry into the Ph.D. degree programme, a candidate must have a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent of 60% in Master’s (M.A./M.Sc.) degree result.
Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.50-3.99 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent (55-59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil./Ph.D. programme in the respective discipline. Candidates with professional Master’s degrees are not eligible for the Ph.D. programme except they have obtained M.Sc. degrees in relevant fields. A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for part-time candidates.
Relevant courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
All correspondences should be addressed to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
P.M.B. 11, Lapai, Niger State, Nigeria