The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) has released a list of items not allowed into the exam hall for 2021 UTME.
The banned items will not be allowed into the examination hall which comes up June 19th, 2021. Candidates and staff are prohibited from going into the exam hall with these banned items. The banned items are;
- Wrist Watches,
- Mobile Phones Or Similar Electronic Devices,
- Spy Reading Glasses,
- Calculators Or Similar Electronic Devices,
- Books Or Any Reading/Writing Material,
- Ear Pieces,
- Ink/Pen Readers,
- Smart Lenses,
- Smart Rings/Jewellery,
- Smart Buttons And Bluetooth Devices.
- Hard Disks And/Or Similar Storage Devices.
In case of medicated eyeglasses (for candidates that have sight issues) the examination officials will have to scrutinize them and where convinced that such an item may compromise the sanctity of the examination, the examination official would have to confiscate it. In the same manner, any staff found to be in possession of such items will be guilty of examination sabotage, and necessary disciplinary action will be taken against such staff.
All candidates that will be participating in the exam which comes up on June 19th – July 3rd, 2021 are therefore advised not to go to the exam hall with any of the banned items above.
However if you are a candidate that has eye issues and needs to wear your glasses for the exam,, make sure the glasses are medicated otherwise, you won’t be allowed to wear them into the hall.
Instructions on Biometric Verification
1. Biometric Verification will be the only mode for the admittance of candidates into the examination centre. Strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
2. No Candidate should be kept waiting if he/she cannot be verified. Such a candidate should be recaptured at the centre before leaving. ONLY genuine cases will subsequently be treated.
3. There is no other Attendance Register apart from the biometric verification. Biometric verification will also serve as Attendance Register during examinations.
4. Photo Albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either Present or Absent status.
5. All Examination Officials, including the security agents, are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules and regulations on the examination.