Monday , January 27 2020
Home / JAMB / JAMB CAPS Changed Your Course or School Of Choice? What To Do Next

JAMB CAPS Changed Your Course or School Of Choice? What To Do Next

Some candidates have complained about being admitted to another course or school different from the one they initially applied to study on JAMB CAPS. This post is to guide such candidates on what they are supposed to do if they find out that they have been offered admission into a different course or institution.

The first dilemma you will face when you discover such is whether to Accept the admission or Reject it. This is understandable considering that admission into higher institution in Nigeria is not easy to come by. However, do not rush to reject or accept the course immediately. I will advise you do the following;

Consider the course/Institution Carefully

Ask yourself, Do I have the academic aptitude for this new course? How much interest do I have in this course? The reason is that it is hard to study a course you are not interested in. You may have to research on the course to know more about it and what it involves. Often times the reason something is not interesting or appealing is because we know little or nothing about it.

After making the necessary research on the course and you discover that you cannot cope with the academic demands of the course or still not interested in the course, I will advise you reject the course. It is better for you to reject the admission now than end up not being able to graduate because you can’t cope with it.

On the other hand, If you are convinced that you can cope with the academic demands of the course. I will advise that you accept the course. The reason being that, you are not really sure if another admission will be given if you reject this one. Unless of course you do not mind sitting for JAMB next year if no other admission is offered to you.

If it was your institution that was changed, check to know where the school is located. Is it a location you would like to relocate to? What is the schools fees of the institution? What’s the living cost in that state. Knowing the answer to all these will help you decide whether to accept or reject the admission.

Apply For Change of Course / Institution

Once you have accepted the admission, it is advisable to immediately change your initial course to the new course you have been offered to study. If it is another institution that offered you admission, you have to change your institution to the new one that has offered you admission as first choice.  If not, you will be unable to print your Jamb admission letter and the admission will be withdrawn.

If you reject the admission, then you do not have to do anything. Your name will automatically be available in the admission market place for admission consideration.

How To Change Course/Institution 

Follow the procedure outlined below to effect any of the changes above:

  1. Go to JAMB portal at
  2. Login with your Email and Password.
  3. Click on ‘Registration (2019 only)’ from the list of services on the left side.
  4. From the drop down, select ‘2019 UTME Data Correction‘.
  5. Then proceed to payment.

After payment, proceed to either the closest JAMB office or a Jamb accredited centre to complete the process.

Note: Jamb Change of course will cost you N2,500

Share This Post:

Check Also

Solutions To Issues In Sending Names To 55019 For JAMB Profile Code

To register for the 2020 UTME, candidates are required to create a profile code by …


  1. I bought supplimentary form and I was given admission on my caps but later jamb gave me admission my initial course what can I do I still love my first course pls help

  2. my cap is not showing my institution and course

  3. pls my cap is not showing my institution and course

  4. Please I have been admitted on ABU ZARIA school portal, but my JAMB CAPS is still showing NOT ADMITTED….. Is everything alright?

  5. I an proud of myschoolgist for getting us notified on every post about schools…. my grease to your elbows.

  6. Is it after accepting the transfer that I wiil do change of course or after I have been given admission

  7. I also was transferred to chemical engineering from petroleum engineering I am an aspirant of federal university of petroleum resources effurun still it hasn’t reflected on my admissions status I tout it was d change I haven’t done I did it still nothing n it’s almost 3 weeks now

  8. Federal university of technology owerri gave me admission but it was not the course of my choice ,my main course is biological science but the school gave me Agricultural economic, the problem here now is that the admission school gave me is not showing on jamb caps so I did change of course to agriculture ,till its not showing

  9. Abdulkareem sofiyu

    Pls am facing an issue of not been able to change my course in jamb caps after my school sent message to me to go and do change if course ,its saying the Source does contain no data rows

  10. Please am having a challenge that developed recently.

    I have been accessing my admission status through jamb caps before now; but since few days I couldn’t access it. Recently I tried accessing it but it’s saying “you are not eligible to use this service” after been asked to input my jamb registration number.

    Please I need help

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *