The JAMB live twitter chat which was aimed at furnishing prospective candidates and concerned individuals with the needed information concerning the 2017 UTME has been concluded. Like we promise, we have followed all the conversations and have decided to bring you all relevant questions that were asked and the answers provided by JAMB officials to the questions.
Below are JAMB Official Answers To Questions On 2017 UTME And Other JAMB Services;
1. QUESTION: I created my profile last year, do I need to create another one?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: No, you don’t need to create another account.
2. QUESTION: Is it a must that we choose a private university as a compulsory option when filling our form during registration?.
ANSWER FROM JAMB:You do not have to choose a private university as your choice. There are 4 choices. 1 Degree, 1 NCE, 1 ND and 1 NCE
3. QUESTION: But what is the exact day for selling form?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: JAMB has a press release on the date of exam and it is still coming up in May 2017
4. QUESTION: Please I want to understand the issue of Awaiting results
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Awaiting Result candidates can apply for the exam, but they must have gotten their results ready at the point of admission into the school
5. QUESTION: When will the JAMB form be out?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: The registration will commence this March. We will announce the period and date on this handle.
6. QUESTION: How will dis year’s examination be like?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: The exam will be Computer Based. CBT
7. QUESTION: When is the mock commencing and the real exam commencing. Thanks
ANSWER FROM JAMB: There is no official date to that. If a date comes up, we will announce on this handle
8. QUESTION: Can I get UTME past questions at the JAMB office?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: You can visit any of our offices for past questions.
12. QUESTION: What if the awaiting result comes out before admission process, would the candidate still gain admission. For awaiting results?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Then, you will be required to upload your result to our portal and then proceed for your screening
14. QUESTION: How do you intend to fix the problem of numerous amount of candidates seeking admission into the tertiary institution?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: That is left for us to fix.
15: QUESTION: When will JAMB for be ready and the exam be concluded because some schools need the result of jamb before March 31. E.g is the NDA?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: All institutions are aware of JAMB exam date, so they will not put any candidate in a disadvantaged position.
16. QUESTION: I needed to know if candidates with awaiting result can reg for JAMB UTME 2017?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes please. JAMB has not cancelled Awaiting Result.
17. QUESTION: With this new policy, does it means I can choose more than one polytechnic?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes that is what it means.
18. QUESTION: WILL CYBER BE ALLOW TO REGISTER CANDIDATES FOR JAMB UTME?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: cyber cafes will not be allowed to register candidates on behalf on JAMB.
19. QUESTION: I want to ask questions about (1) 2017 JAMB fee (2)When will the form be release for sale.
ANSWER FROM JAMB: There is no official statement on the price of the fee for this year’s registration. We will announce it when we have the information.
21. QUESTION: is it true there’s not going to be JAMB this year?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Please do not spread rumours. The exam has been scheduled to hold in May, 2017.
23. QUESTION: If I may ask, are we not allowed to choose state university as first choice?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes you can choose a state University as your first choice.
24. QUESTION: Can’t you delay admission processes till both WAEC and NECO release their results?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: JAMB does not have the powers to do that.
25. QUESTION: Why is it that top media platforms like Vanguard, Premium Times carried the news of cancellation of awaiting results?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: If you read the JAMB press release, it was so explicit. It was a misinterpretation.
26. QUESTION: Good morning JAMB. Please what are the things we will use during registration?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: We will release guidelines when the registration starts here and on our website.
27. QUESTION: Please can I use my email address to create my profile?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes you can.
28. QUESTION: When it’s the registration commencing
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Please registration has not commenced. When we start, we will announce it here.
29. QUESTION: History and international studies can I use English, CRK, GOVT. and ECONS. during registration as my subject combination?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Please consult the JAMB Brochure to get the right subject combination for your course?
30. QUESTION: Since you said it will not be Offline. Are sure there would not be network failure during the registration like last five years?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Trust that we have everything sorted. We are READY
31. QUESTION: I heard something about a separate exam center for the physically challenged. Shed some light on what counts as disabled to you?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Disabled in any form. Blind, etc
32. QUESTION: What about the issue of preference of candidates for admission?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: JAMB doesn’t offer admission. The schools do.
33. QUESTION: Were can we get the form?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: We shall communicate that to you soon.
34. QUESTION: Is it possible to ignore private university among my choice?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes!! you do not have to choose a private University as your choice.
35. QUESTION: I read premium time news paper last 2 days, It said candidates are not allowed to register from cyber cafe how would I register?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: You will be able to register at our accredited centres
36. QUESTION: Can I open my profile on the official website now?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes you can.
37: QUESTION: For how many weeks will UTME 2017 registration last?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: JAMB We will get that info to you soon
38. QUESTION: Does that mean Cyber Cafes will not be involved in terms for registration?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes please!
39: QUESTION: Please Jamb should let all the UTME candidates know those courses that are not accredited in all the institutions to avoid problems.
ANSWER FROM JAMB: During the registration, you will see all accredited courses for each Institution.
40. QUESTION: Can someone withdraw polytechnic admission from the JAMB portal, I don’t know if I have been admitted in my university of choice.
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Please log into your profile and check your admission status
41. QUESTION: Where is the accredited centres located?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Last year we have over 500 centres in Nigeria alone. This year we will be having more centres
42. QUESTION: Those exam centres with bad computer systems, poor electricity supply, how will the students complaints be handled, if such happens again?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Such centres will never be used by JAMB again. Do not fret.
43. QUESTION: After the exam, what about the result in 24hrs?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Results are normally released within 24 hours. That has not changed
44. QUESTION: please explain what the profile we are to create is about?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: We want you to create a personal profile. So that you can visit the site and see all your dealings with JAMB
45. QUESTION: Will you be allowed to choose 2 Universities.
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes. 1 Public and 1 Private. You can not take 2 Public Institutions
46. QUESTION: please help release procedure for Registration and will it cost us money?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Registration procedure will soon be released and also the cost.
47. QUESTION: Not all the regularization students’ forms are treated, any reason for that please?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: We treat all regularization cases. We either approve or disapprove. We give reasons
48. QUESTION: can I choose 2 public universities
ANSWER FROM JAMB: No you can’t. Its for your good. Why apply to 2 public Universities that the 2nd one won’t even consider your application?
49. QUESTION: So many blogs out there have misinterpreted your Press briefing about the awaiting result of a thing. How do you hope to correct this?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: We have corrected this on our Twitter handle. The full content of the Press release doesn’t say AR is scrapped.
50. QUESTION: Creating an account? is it before or during registration period??
ANSWER FROM JAMB: You can create you account now before the registration commences.
51. QUESTION: Where are we to go for registration since no cyber cafes?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: JAMB Accredited CBT Centres. That list will be published soon. That has not changed.
52. QUESTION: Can awaiting Result be used as it was before?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes please
53. QUESTION: Can I open my profile on the official website now?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Please create a profile on our portal.
54. QUESTION: Those that have existing account without a unique code, what are they supposed to do again? Create another one?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: You can use same account to register. Just ensure that your details are correct before you use it
55. QUESTION: Please can I choose NDA as a choice in Jamb?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes you can!
57. QUESTION: Do all accredited Jamb centres across have installed CCTV Cameras in curbing exam malpractice.
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes!!! All JAMB Centres have CCTV Installed and its being monitored.
58. QUESTION: What measures have you taken to address the problem that reduced candidates scores or performance last year?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: We are well prepared. Take that from us!
59. QUESTION: how many universities can we choose??
ANSWER FROM JAMB: You do not have to choose any University.There are Polytechnics, NCE or IEI. If you have to choose a university, it can only be 1 Public and 1 Private
60. QUESTION: Will private universities reduce their school fees since JAMB is forcing candidates to put them as second choice
ANSWER FROM JAMB: JAMB is not forcing candidates to go to private institutions. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHOOSE A PRIVATE UNIVERSITY in your choices
61. QUESTION: ff the sales of form starts now,when will it end. How many weeks duration?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: When registration commences, we will let you know the duration
62. QUESTION: Is first and second choice institution still available for degree?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: 1st and 2nd Choices don’t necessarily have to be Universities. It can be NCE or Polytechnic
63.QUESTION: How many universities can we choose??
ANSWER FROM JAMB: U do not have to choose any University.There are Poly, NCE or IEI. If you have to choose Universities, it can only be 1 Public and 1 Private.
64. QUESTION: how can I get the e-brochure
ANSWER FROM JAMB: You will get this once registration begins. Upon purchase of the form
65. QUESTION: My question is that can I choose engineering course in FUNAAB
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Please visit the brochure to see if the school offers Engineering.
66. QUESTION: Is it necessary for JAMB allow applicants to choose their first and second choices for public universities?.
ANSWER FROM JAMB: No please
67. QUESTION: I’ve already created an account with you, will it still work out, or must I create another?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: That is all you need to do. Wait for registration to begin.
68. QUESTION: For how many weeks will #utme2017 registration last?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: We will give out that info when we start.
69. QUESTION: will updated list of accredited cafes be released before reg. commences? so many cafes are claiming to be accredited.
ANSWER FROM JAMB: We will release an official list of accredited centres in all the 36 states and FCT here and on our website.
70. QUESTION: If the sales of form starts now,when will it end, how many weeks duration?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: When registration commences, we will let you know the duration.
71. QUESTION: Some accredited centres are too far from the students reach, what are you doing to cub this. Some travel miles before they can register.
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Our accredited centres have increased, and we have enough for all the states.
72. QUESTION: Are we buying the form #2500 as said by the senate or the usual price?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: We will inform you on that before registration commences.
73. QUESTION: Can we choose state university as second choice?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes you can!
74. QUESTION: With this new policy, does it means I can choose more than one polytechnic?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Yes that is what it means!
75. QUESTION: Those Of Us That Have Created The E-profile, How Are We Going To GET the Unique Code Or We’re To Create New Profile?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: If you have created your profiles, you do not need the code any more.
76. QUESTION: The portal is showing a single admission status whereas one might be admitted in different schools why?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: There is no way you can be admitted to 2 different schools. Either Degree, ND, NCE or IEI
77. QUESTION: Has the syllabus change or it stills remain the same?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: You will get your syllabus when the registration commences
78. QUESTION: since exam will be computer based what if someone who doesn’t have D knowledge of computer, how can D person cope wit computer based
ANSWER FROM JAMB: You will only need the Mouse and Keyboard . Arrow keys, A,B,C,D Keys . That’s all you need to write our exam
79. QUESTION: Can I use my last year’s JAMB apply for admission this year?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: No you can’t.
80. QUESTION: How can someone Register as an accredited registration centre?
ANSWER FROM JAMB: Visit any of our state offices. OR see the guidelines on (link: http://www.jamb.gov.ng)
Now, you have it. If you still need further clarifications, use the comment box.