After the 2018 UTME, rumour has it that Moses Ape from Benue State has the highest JAMB Score. However, JAMB has officially announced the candidates that scored the highest in the 2018 UTME.
According to JAMB, Galadima Zakari, a candidate who sat for the exam in Ogun State is the best candidate and not Moses Ape from Benue State.
Ape Moses however happens to be the one with the highest among candidates in Benue State and the entire North Central region of the country but Galadima Zakari has the overall highest score in 2018 UTME.
Further information revealed that Moses Ape is not even among the top four candidates in the 2018 UTME.
According to JAMB’s Head of Media and Publicity, Dr Fabian Benjamin, the top four candidates are:
- Galadima Zakari with 364,
- Adekunle Jesufemi from Ogun State who sat for his examination in Abeokuta with 358,
- Alikah Oseghale from Edo State who sat for the examination in Ekpoma and scored 357, and
- Ademola Adetola from Ogun State who sat for the examination in Lagos and scored 355.
- Akinyemi Paul from Ogun State, Ape Moses from Benue State, and Obi-Obuoha Abiamamela from River State all came fifth with a tie score of 354.
Dr Fabian urged individuals and organizations who want to use JAMB’s data for research purposes to always contact the exam body for up to date information so as not to misinform the public.