Applications for Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme has commenced.
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
Scholarship Value: offers 24 full scholarships of €29,000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
University/Country of Study: Maastricht University, Netherlands (Holland)
Scholarship Type: Master’s programme
Field/Area of Study: Scholarships are awarded within the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Humanities & Sciences, Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience and School of Business and Economics.
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University which is participating in this scholarship program
- Participating Master’s programmes in this scholarship programme
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme, a primary education programme, or secondary education programme in the Netherlands. Students who completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not over 35 years of age on 1 September 2018.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2018/19 scholarship programme applicants.
How To Apply:
Step 1: Register for one of the participating Master’s programmes at Maastricht University. For further details on how to register for a master’s programme at UM, please see your prospective programme’s web page. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form
Step 2: Please fill in the application form through the online application portal (you are to login using the students ID number details you received after completing Step 1). Upload the following documents in .doc, .docx, or PDF format, and submit your application:
- Curriculum vitae. Your CV should be up-to-date, contain relevant information about your education and (job) experience, and should not be longer 2 A4 pages.
- Letter of motivation. Your letter of motivation should be up-to-date, tailored specifically to this Scholarship programme, and no longer than 1 A4 page. Be sure to argue why this scholarship is important to you, why you should be selected, and what your role as an ambassador of Maastricht University would be during your scholarship period, and during the upcoming years after you finish your studies at UM.
- Proof of academic excellence. You may upload one of the following documents in order to prove your academic excellence: 1. Your University transcript that explicitly states your grade point average or class ranking (i.e. first class honours) for your entire study programme; or, 2. A letter signed by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study programme. Please ensure that the letter contains the contact details of your Head of Department or Registrar.
- The contact details of your referee. Please note that we will be in contact with your referee and ensure that you take the following steps when choosing a referee and submitting their details.
- Relationship to applicant: indicate your referee’s connection to you; is this your professor, thesis supervisor, employer? Please remember that family members may not function as referees.
- The telephone number of your referee: Make sure to add the applicable country calling code.
- Email address of your referee: Work email addresses are preferred.
Step 3: Contact the referee you provided in your application form and ask them to submit their reference letter by email by 1 February 2018.
Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents and referee contact details are up-to-date.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2018.
For more information , visit the official scholarship page.