The National Examinations Councils, NECO, has released the results of the 2021 Senior School Certificate Examination, SSCE external candidates (NECO GCE). This was announced by the Registrar/Chief Executive of NECO, Prof. Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, in Minna on Thursday. He said the results were released just after sixty-four (64) days after the last paper was written. According to the NECO boss, “the Number of candidates that registered for the examination was 47, 916.
“The number of candidates that sat for the English Language was 45,821 out of which 36,116, representing 78.82% made Credit and above. ” 45,756 Candidates sat for Mathematics, out of which 35,706, representing 78.04percent made Credit and above.
“The number of candidates who got five (5) Credits and above, including English Language and Mathematics is 29,342, representing 62.59%. “On the other hand, 37,991 candidates, representing 81.04%, got five (5) Credits and above, irrespective of English Language and Mathematics.
“The Number of Candidates booked for various forms of malpractice in 2021 is 4,454, as against 6,465 in 2020, which shows a significant decline in the number of malpractice cases.”
Candidates are enjoined to access their results on NECO website www.neco.gov.ng using their examination registration numbers.
How To check NECO GCE Results
With the new NECO Results system, candidates can visit the Results portal to check their results using token.
Tokens can be obtained in two ways:
- By creating an account, login-in and purchasing the token online using the payment options
- By purchasing the token and sharing with another candidate via email or printing it out.
A token can only be associated with one candidate’s unique exam number.
Each token cannot be used more than 5 times to view a candidate’s result
- Candidates are to visit: https://result.neco.gov.ng/register to create an account and purchase their token
- After purchasing the token, candidates are to visit: https://result.neco.gov.ng/
- Select Exam Year
- Select Exam Type
- Enter your Token in the space provided
- Enter your Registration Number in the space provided
- Click on “Check Results” to access your result