The results of the National Examinations Council (NECO) November /December Senior School Certificate Examination commonly known as NECO GCE has been released. This was announced today by the Acting Registrar of NECO, Abubakar Gana in a statement made available to newsmen.
According to Gana, a total of 70,140 candidates registered for the examination. 65,207 sat for the English Language out of which 41,214, representing 63 percent, got either Distinction or Credit.
66,398 candidates sat for Mathematics, out of which 54,565, representing 82.18 percent, got either Distinction or Credit.
33,576 candidates, representing 48.68 percent, got five Credits and above, including English Language and Mathematics while 50,057 candidates, representing 72.57% got five Credits and above, irrespective of English Language and Mathematics.
On the issue of exam malpractice, Gana stated that in 2019,17,004 cases were recorded as against 12,084 cases recorded in 2018.
This he attributed to comprehensive monitoring by senior staff which he equally said was the reason for the decline in the number of candidates with 5 Credits and above,” he said.
He called on candidates to log on to www.neco.gov.ng and click on NECO Results. and follow the prompt thereafter to purchase a token and access their results.
How To check NECO GCE Results
With the new NECO Results system, candidates can visit the Results portal to check their results using token.
Tokens can be obtained in two ways:
- By creating an account, login-in and purchasing the token online using the payment options
- By purchasing the token and sharing with another candidate via email or printing it out.
A token can only be associated with one candidate’s unique exam number.
Each token cannot be used more than 5 times to view a candidate’s result
- Candidates are to visit: https://result.neco.gov.ng/register to create an account and purchase their token
- After purchasing the token, candidates are to visit: https://result.neco.gov.ng/
- Select Exam Year
- Select Exam Type
- Enter your Token in the space provided
- Enter your Registration Number in the space provided
- Click on “Check Results” to access your result