Most times candidates do ask me this “Does JAMB repeat questions?” I did my personal research. In my findings, I discovered a shocking truth. 100% Yes, they do. JAMB repeats up to 60% of Past Questions in Exams. It’s not their fault that they do repeat past questions. The fact is that there are no new questions to ask.
The JAMB syllabus is almost the same for the past many years. So, all they do is to keep recycling questions every year. They may decide to ask the questions in different formats, but really, the questions are the same as the ones they have been asking in previous years.
So get as many past questions as possible. When you practice make sure you confirm your answers from reputable textbooks and not ‘Hungry authors’ with wuruwuru answers. Familiarity with JAMB past questions will help you discover the areas where questions usually come from & you can quickly pick on your areas of strength first.
See Evidence As To Why You Need To Practice JAMB past questions
1. The word “EVASIVE answers” repeated itself in 1985 and 1997 JAMB.
31. Many untrustworthy students give evasive answers to questions which they fully understand. (1985)
65. The lawyer gave evasive answers to all the questions. (1997)
2. The word “FLEXIBLE” was repeated in 1986 and 2012 JAMB.
26. Mr. Jack was most flexible in his
38. The principal was advised to be flexible on critical issues. (2012)
3. The idiom “HEART IN HIS MOUTH” was repeated in 1978 and 2006 JAMB.
28. He spoke with his heart in his mouth (1978)
B. with such unusual cowardice
C. with a lot of confusion in his speech
D. without being able to make up his mind
E. with fright and agitation.
36. He has no reason to have his heart in his mouth. (2006).
A. be afraid
B. feel guilty
C. be confident
D. think negatively
4. The word “SUMPTUOUS” was repeated in 2001, 2005 and 2012 JAMB.
30. The village girl wore sumptuous clothes (2001)
69. Some people consider the leather upholstery and thick rugs a bit sumptuous. (2005)
55 . Isa and Illu ate sumptuous meals on their
brother’s wedding day. (2012)
That’s it. In as much as no one can tell exactly what year (s) of the past questions JAMB will pick Questions from this year, the fact remains that practicing JAMB Past Questions is a sure way to prepare and do well in JAMB exam.