Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes of studies in Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru for 2020/2021 Academic Session.
ONE (1) YEAR FULL-TIME REMEDIAL PROGRAMMES:
The Remedial programmes are designed to prepare candidates with deficiencies in the entry requirements and subsequent admissions for full-time National Diploma (ND) programmes in the following:
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SET)
i. Civil Engineering Technology
ii. Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
iii. Mechanical Engineering Technology.
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES (SES)
i. Building Technology
ii. Estate Management and Valuation
iii. Quantity Surveying
iv. Urban and Regional Planning.
SCHOOL OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
i. Computer Science
iii. Science Laboratory Technology.
A minimum of five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings obtained from WAEC/SSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and Teachers’ Grade Two Certificate in subjects relevant to the programmes.
TWO (2) YEARS FULL-TIME POLYTECHNIC DIPLOMA IN THE FOLLOWING:
i. Survey and Geo-informatics
ii. Office Technology Management
iii. Social Development Studies
iv. Hospitality Management
iv. Library and Information Science.
The minimum entry requirements for Polytechnic Diploma programmes in the specified fields are:
A Minimum of five (5) credit passes at WAEC/SSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and Teachers’ Grade Two Certificate or equivalent, in not more than two (2) sittings, which must include English Language and Mathematics.
ONE (1) YEAR FULL TIME IJMB PROGRAMMES:
The Polytechnic runs one (1) year full time IJMB programmes in three (3) combinable subjects in Natural and Applied Sciences, Engineering and Arts leading to possible undergraduate courses in Universities
S/No. Code Subject Combination
1. 004 Accounts, Business Management, A/L Maths
2. 005 Accounts, Business Management, Economics
3. 006 Accounts, Business Management, Geography
4. 007 Accounts, Business Management, Government
5. 009 Accounts, Economics, Geography
6. 011 Accounts, Economics, Government
7. 013 Accounts, Geography, A/L Maths
8. 014 Accounts, Geography, Government
9. 017 Accounts, Government, Sociology
10. 027 Biology, Chemistry, A/L Maths
11. 028 Biology, Chemistry, Geography
12. 030 Biology, Chemistry, Physics
13. 031 Business Management, Economics, A/L Maths
14. 033 Business Management, Economics, Government
15. 035 Business Management, Geography, A/L Maths
16. 039 Chemistry, Geography, A/L Maths
17. 040 Chemistry, Geography, Physics
18. 043 Chemistry, Physics, A/L Maths
19. 050 Economics, Geography, Government
20. 052 Economics, Geography, A/L Maths
21. 063 Geography, Physics, A/L Maths.
The minimum entry requirements for IJMB Programmes in the specified field are:
WAEC/SSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and Teachers’ Grade Two Certificate with atleast five (5) credit passes or equivalent (in not more than two (2) sittings) in relevant subjects.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
All applicants must purchase the Polytechnic admission access Pin from any Commercial Bank through E-Transact for a Non-refundable fee of five thousand naira (
N5,000.00) only excluding Bank Charges.
The admission form can be accessed online at the Polytechnic website, http://polyzungeruonline.com/instructions.html and click on the appropriate programme to commence registration.