The NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture in pursuance of its Corporate Social Responsibility invites suitably qualified applicants for its 2023 Session Tertiary undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship award applies to tuition, books, and living expenses
Application Deadline: June 9th, 2023
The award is in two categories: –
Host Communities Merit Award – For applicants strictly from NAOC Host Communities (Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Imo States)
National Merit Award – For applicants from Non-Host communities
Selection and Eligibility Criteria: To qualify for consideration, applicants MUST be:
- Registered Full TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application
NOTE: The following categories of students should not apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
- Dependents of NAOC/NAE/AENR/NACPFA
Only Indigenes of NAOC Host/Transit Communities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Imo States SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
Only applicants studying Engineering, Geology, Geosciences and Agricultural Science are eligible for the National Merit Award.
NOTE: The aptitude test will take place either online (remotely) or at designated centers to be communicated to shortlisted applicants. Applicants are to indicate at the point of application whether they wish to write the test online at their own comfort or at designated test centres (cost of transportation to the centres to be borne by applicants).
How to Apply For NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture Undergraduate Scholarships:
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- O’level Certificate
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- Letter from Community Paramount Ruler (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award)
- Letter from CDC Chairman (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award).
- JAMB Result
2. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
4. Ensure to provide valid Email and Phone Contact for effective communication
5. All candidates are required to fill and sign the NAOC compliance declaration form. To download the NAOC compliance declaration, click https://dragnetscreening.ng/files/NAOC_compliance.pdf
Steps To Apply
To apply, visit this link: https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarship2023 and follow the steps below:
1. Click on the “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarship2023 to return to the Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferable.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a SMS that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile, and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture
- Visit any of the capture centres https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarship2023 and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion.
Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Obtaining NIN is not compulsory in order to complete your application.