The 2020 Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo), and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) National University Undergraduate Scholarship Programme has commenced. Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo), its co-venture partners and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for the 2020 NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme.
The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians. It provides a yearly grant to successful applicants from their second year to the completion of their degree programme.
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Currently, be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in a 5-grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International)
Course of Study
Eligible students studying the under-listed courses in Nigerian universities are invited to submit an electronic application:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Materials/Corrosion Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Physics/Applied Physics
- Agricultural Science
- Mathematics/Applied Mathematics
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
Method of Application
1. Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
2. Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
3. Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
4. Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, and not more than 200 kilobytes;
University or JAMB Admission Letter;
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
Letter of Identification from State of origin indicating the applicant’s local government of origin;
Academic results for 100 level
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information, and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/ enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN), do the following;
-Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
-Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
-Login with Email and Password to complete the form
-After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
-Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
-You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/ and update the application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2020.