NWU Post-UTME registration, cut-off mark, eligibility, screening dates application cost, and the deadline for 2020 /2021 academic session have been announced. The cut-off mark is 160 and above depending on the course. Cost is N2000. The deadline is Wednesday, 7th October, 2020.
Candidates who have chosen the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano as First Choice in the 2022/2023 application for admission through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) are invited to register ONLINE for the SCREENING EXERCISE via University website.
Candidates must have;
a. Chosen the Yusuf Maitama sule university as first choice
b. Obtain a minimum of 5 O’level credits including English Language and Mathematics in SSCE (or equivalent) in not more than two sittings for both UTME and Direct Entry candidates
c. Scored a minimum Cut off Mark as applied below;
COURSES WITH CUT OFF MARK OF 240
- Medicine and Surgery
COURSES WITH CUT OFF MARK OF 190
- Computer Science
- Information and Communication Technology
- International studies
COURSES WITH CUT OFF MARK OF 180
- Industrial chemistry
- Business Administration
- B.ed Biology
- B.ed Chemistry
- B.ed English language
- Cyber security
- Software Engineering
- Islamic studies
- History and international studies
- B.ed Islamic studies
- Library and information Science Education
COURSES WITH CUT OFF MARK OF 170
- Arabic studies
- B.ed Arabic studies
- B.ed Economics
- B.ed Geography
- B.ed History
- B.ed Mathematics
- B.ed Physics
- English language
- Entrepreneurial studies
- Building Technology
- Early childhood Education
- B.ed Technology
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Guidance and Counselling
- Industrial Mathematics
Direct Entry Candidates:
a. Must have possessed 2022 Direct Entry (D.E) online Registration Slip.
b. Must have obtained the National Diploma (ND), IJMB, NCE (or equivalent) certificate or statement of result
c. Candidates with ND must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 for Science-based programmes and 3.5 for Arts-based programmes.
d. D.E. Candidates with N.C.E must have a minimum of 9 points for relevant programmes In the Faculty Education.
e. D.E. Candidates with UMB must have a minimum of 7 points for Sciences and 8 points for Arts based programmes
1. Candidates wishing to register for the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening should visit the University WEBSITE (www.yumsuk.edu.ng) and click on 2022 ADMISSION PORTAL”.
2. Candidates should then generate REMITA Payment Invoice from the portal and proceed to any Bank nationwide to make payment for sum of TWO THOUSAND NAIRA (N2,000.00) only as the Screening Charges
3. Candidates should return to the Portal to complete the registration and print Acknowledgment Slip to be presented together with other credentials during the Aptitude Test or Direct Entry Screening