The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released Official 2017 UTME Pre-registration tips for candidates. It will be recalled that the Board yesterday announced that the 2017 UTME will commence in two weeks time.
To ensure candidates get their minds prepared for the registration, the board via its official twitter handle has released 10 pre-registration tips candidates are to bear in mind before the registration commences.
2017 UTME Pre-registration Tips For Candidates;
1. Candidates are to ensure they create a personal and valid email address. You will require this to create individual profile on JAMB’s registration portal
2. Candidates are to note that all ten fingers are supposed to be captured for Biometrics. So ensure you your ten fingers are captured during the Biometrics data capture.
3. Candidates will have the option of selecting 2 universities and any two of polytechnic, College of education or IEI. Candidates can also choose four IEI or 3 colleges of education, 1 polytechnic or a university.
4. You will be required to upload your O’level results during the registration. So ensure you get them ready before the registration commences.
5. Sales of scratch cards for registration has been scrapped. You will be informed on the new payment methods once the registration commences.
6. Please be warned that Cyber cafés are not allowed to register candidates for 2017 UTME. Candidates are advised to only do their registrations at accredited JAMB CBT Centres.
7. The step by step guide that will enable candidates register with little stress will be made available soon to the public
8. Candidates should insist on having a personal profile created for them at the JAMB CBT accredited centres during the registration. Please do not allow the Centre to use their own profile for you.
9. Candidates combining their O’level results will have the option of selecting different exam years and exam type
10. Do not fall victim to fraudsters, You can create your own personal 2017 UTME profile on http://www.jamb.org.ng It is a free service.