The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships offer an exciting opportunity of funding for students who are ordinarily resident in one of Standard Bank’s African presence countries, with a preference for residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will provide £40,000 which will cover the cost of full fees for the eligible programmes and provide a maintenance stipend for living costs.
Application Deadline: 27th April 2020
Scholarship Type: Masters
Eligible Countries: African countries preferably residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
Eligible Field of Study: The scholarships are for offer holders on the following LSE master’s programmes:
- MSc Environmental and Development
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance (full-time)
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc African Development
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
Eligibility: These scholarships are designed to provide the opportunity for students who currently do not have the financial means to pursue further studies of this nature.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply: To apply for LSE funding for programmes beginning in September 2020, you must:
- – Submit your application for the programme (See how to apply for graduate study at LSE
- – Submit your Graduate Financial Support Application Form via the Graduate application tracker
- – Receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional)
by 5pm UK time on 27 April 2020.
Note: If you only wish to be considered for the Graduate Support Scheme, you do not need to complete “Section G: Personal statement” during the Application.
The outcome to your Graduate Support Scheme application will be displayed on the application tracker after you have received an offer. Successful applicants selected for other LSE Scholarships or awards like this one will be contacted by email throughout May, June and July 2020.
For more information, visit the official scholarship page.