The National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria is organised annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
Topic: “Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) take over Human Intelligence? What should students do to ensure AI doesn’t override but enhance their ability to learn through research?”
SELECTION CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY:
- – Must be a secondary school student
- – Must submit a scanned copy of your handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- – Must submit a passport photograph
- – Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or Passport
- 1st prize winner N5,000,000 Educational grant to any African University
- 2nd prize winner N3,000,000 Educational grant to any African University
- 3rd prize winner N2,500,000 Educational grant to any African University
Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment
Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists in the 2nd round of the competition.
Please note that all incomplete and/or duplicate entries will be disqualified
How to Apply:
Application Deadline: Friday, October 20th, 2023
Visit The UBA Official Website For More Information