The University of British Columbia- UBC- Canada is offering the need-based International Leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) Scholarships Award for Undergraduate Students.
Value of Scholarship: costs of tuition, fees, and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs
Application Deadline: December 1st, 2021
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from. To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be a students from outside Canada who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other universities.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Number of Scholarships: several
Duration of Scholarship: The International Leader of Tomorrow Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian study permit (visa).
How to Apply:
2. Submit your application to UBC.
3. To apply for the International Scholars Program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit, and submit a reference from an academic referee. Confirm that your school or non-profit is able to nominate you, and inform your nominator and academic referee that you’d like to apply for the International Scholars Program.
A single high school, college, or university may nominate up to three students for UBC Vancouver (including Vantage College), and one student for UBC Okanagan. A non-profit may only nominate a high school student who is involved with their organization. This nomination will count towards the total nominations permitted from a student’s school.
(Please note: your nominator should be your school counsellor or equivalent, and your academic referee should be someone who is familiar with you and your work – for example, your teacher for your chosen area of study.)
4. Gather your required financial information, as well as notes on any extracurricular activities and awards.
5. Apply for the International Scholars Program by completing this form.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for more details
Sponsors: University of British Columbia- UBC- Canada
Important Notes: Although candidates to UBC can specify two program choices in their application for admission, an International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination will be considered only in relation to the nominee’s first choice program. Early application is encouraged, to ensure an application decision can be made in time for nomination consideration.