The University of Glasgow, United Kingdom is offering scholarships worth the full tuition fee for September 2020 academic session. African students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Value of Scholarship: Full fee waiver
Scholarship Type: Masters
Application Deadline: 1st April 2020.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Eligibility: This scholarship is open to applicants from Africa applying to all on-campus Masters programmes . Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their application for admission and must:
- Be resident in Africa at the time of applying
- have completed a first degree in Africa
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer of a place for a full-time postgraduate taught programme
- demonstrate academic excellence and achieve grades equivalent to a degree equivalent to a UK 1st Class Hons or better
Selection Criteria: Applicants will be automatically assessed for a scholarship based on academic merit.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply: Applicants are to first apply for a Masters programme admission in the university and receive an offer of admission before applying for the scholarship. To apply for admission, CLICK HERE
After you have received an offer of admission, please submit a 500-word personal statement to [email protected] on or before 1st April 2020.
Your personal statement must include:
- your full name, applicant number and clearly state that you are applying for the University of Glasgow African Excellence Fee Waiver scholarship
- why you have selected the course you applied for at the University of Glasgow
- why you deserve the scholarship (e.g academic/personal achievement)
- how you will benefit from it (e.g. employment prospects, financial relief, etc).
Successful candidates will be advised of the outcome by 30 April 2020.
For more information, visit the official scholarship page.